6th 2018 2M Hi Start 14 day Duration Challenge

martynk

A placeholder for the 6th 2M Hi-Start 14 day duration Challenge for 2018

Please submit your score below. The clock will start when the first score is submitted.

This is a for fun challenge, anyone with a bungee-launched glider up to 2 metres wingspan and the standard Hi-Start can post a time.

Object: Fly your 2 metre glider for as long as possible from a flat field, the person who's time is unbeaten for 14 days 'wins' and a new challenge starts.

Rules: Launches must be made from the standard Challenge Hi-Start bungee. Flight times begin when line releases from the towhook and the model must land in the field for times to count. While the object is to encourage F3-RES types, any model up to 2 metre span may be flown (F3-RES, foam, full house aileron mouldie) but please state the type of model with your time.

The standard Hi-Start bungee is a maximum of 10m of 6/4mm surgical tubing and 50m of static line (minimum 30lb breaking strain). Lighter/smaller bungees may be used.

Fly safely! No slope soaring

• 4 weeks later...

Just in from the free Flight Gala st Buckminster today. Beautiful weather but at times a little breezy with some big lift and infill. After flying my E20 competition I thought I'd get the Slite out. First flight was a 8:36. Second flight was better and after a few minutes I remembered to start the timer 🤔 gradually gained height until pretty specked out, and then the big one came through. Lots of gulls came in below me and then I was joined by a full size glider at about the same altitude. By this time I was at about 1500-1800 feet and a long way downwind and since it was getting a little crowded I dived out for a flight of 17:24 - well the timed bit was anyway 😩

Jon Whitmore, Slite, 17:24, 02/09/2018

• Like 2

Nice one Jon. I got out with the Madres at the weekend, but on the slope. Although no slope lift, there were light thermals coming through, and I ended up with a 50 minute flight. Obviously doesn't count for the challenge, but it was nice to get some extended stick time on the Madres. It flies very nicely - super stable, and goes up very well in lift. I'm looking forward to getting it on a bungee from a flat field! Now you have posted a flight time, there is some extra motivation...! :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Clearly, Jon has won this one.  Well done.

Been very very breezy since I got back from my hols and I have been unable to fly in the past 2 weeks... Anything :(

Table published in a few minutes