CANCELLED - Tonbridge F5J Comp 28 October 2018

ThermalBoy

Hi Colin,

unfortunately I will not be able to attend the re-run. Hope the weather hold and that you all have a great day.

regards

Garry 

5 minutes ago, Eddy Small said:

Weather not looking too good for Sun. Let`s hope it improves.

Eddy.

It isn't, is it?  Last comp too. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

screenshot.pngscreenshot.png

Hi Guys

As always we wont make a call on whether the  comp will go ahead or not until the day before the comp when the weather forecasts become pretty accurate as to what weather we can expect on the day of the comp, ie Sunday.  A final on or off decision will be posted here on this thread by 12:00 hours latest tomorrow. 

Colin/Graham

• Like 2

• Committee Member

Pity it's had to be cancelled but good call.

• Could we have flown? Maybe. And all winter to do the resulting repairs.
  • Would we have enjoyed it? No.

Nooooooooo

shame we couldn’t move it rather than cancel, but forecast isn’t great and already have loads of repairs for the winter 🤣

Guys,

Thank you for trying to re-arrange the comp and sorry the weather beat you in the end. A lot of work for little reward. But thanks again for your efforts and trying to put something in the comp calendar for us - it is appreciated. 

Ian

• Like 1

On 26/10/2018 at 11:15, Buster46 said:

It isn't, is it?  Last comp too. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

screenshot.pngscreenshot.png

Hi Eamon,

Which weather site is this - it looks pretty useful!

Rgds.,
Paul

Paul, it’s called  PredictWind.com, there is an app too.  Free for two locations, pay to add more.

i just use two and change them as the comp locations change.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Buster46 said:

Paul, it’s called  PredictWind.com, there is an app too.  Free for two locations, pay to add more.

i just use two and change them as the comp locations change.

Paul,

It is the most accurate I have found and is use by sailing clubs all over the world.  It gives several readings, and in general they are pretty close, but as with all, they do become more accurate the closer you get to the day.

I have found that if you can use their locations rather than custom ones, you get a more detailed prediction, but in either case it is my go to wind chart.

Eamon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buster46 said:

Paul,

It is the most accurate I have found and is use by sailing clubs all over the world.  It gives several readings, and in general they are pretty close, but as with all, they do become more accurate the closer you get to the day.

I have found that if you can use their locations rather than custom ones, you get a more detailed prediction, but in either case it is my go to wind chart.

Eamon

Thanks Eamon - much appreciated. I also use VentuSky - interesting graphical representation of the forecast, but the numbers in PredictWind.com look very useful.

Rgds.,
Paul

• Like 1