Jump to content
Mark P

Video for Opening Ceremony of F3F World Champs

Recommended Posts

Buzz

 

While the video may take time to put together, I noticed that there are no stills of our handsome team GB on the official website. Such a good oportunity to let the world put a face to the name.....or maybe there is a reason to hide. 😁

 

 

Screenshot_2018-09-06-08-09-44.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sloper

I think Mr passingham is working on that one, in the meantime there is a Face Book page for you to hook up to for pics, vids of us leading up to the WC. Also there will be live feeds and commentry from John Treble alias oipigface.

Face book page: https://www.facebook.com/Team-GBR-F3F-2018-451758781922400/

 

Ive no doubt there will be a thread started on BARCS too at some point in the future

teamgbr.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oipigface
35 minutes ago, Sloper said:

commentry from John Treble alias oipigface.

Maybe...

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
simon_t

The French team has released it’s Ruegen WC opening ceremony video on Youtube:

Simon

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Buzz

And one from Team Taiwan

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stefan Bertschi

Funny about this whole Video discussion is the fact, that not all countries have been contacted.

As we (Switzerland) haven't been contacted but new videos startet to pop up on face-tube etc. we got slightly worried that we missed something. 

Our TM then contacted Franz Demmler what it's all about. The answer we actually got is. Certain nations were contacted to provide some footage. It was never the expectation of the organizers to make anybody fully edited film. As for the french video - according to the organizer - only small parts have been used....

So you probably shouldn't worry too much.

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
simon_t
37 minutes ago, Stefan Bertschi said:

Funny about this whole Video discussion is the fact, that not all countries have been contacted.

As we (Switzerland) haven't been contacted but new videos startet to pop up on face-tube etc. we got slightly worried that we missed something. 

Our TM then contacted Franz Demmler what it's all about. The answer we actually got is. Certain nations were contacted to provide some footage. It was never the expectation of the organizers to make anybody fully edited film. As for the french video - according to the organizer - only small parts have been used....

So you probably shouldn't worry too much.

Cheers

Shame I didn’t get some video of Pete G with his arm round the U-Bend in Lofoten... :)

Simon

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
isoaritfirst

If all they want is snippets of footage that they will edit back then that's a lot easier to sort out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Les

Has anyone tried to go into the live stream?

Is it me or is it just not working?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brett82

Is it supposed to be on yet? I thought it was starting when they do the opening ceremony which is later. Then it will be on each day from tomorrow which is day one. 

Might be wrong, John T would know but I think he is a bit busy at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Les

Andy has just message me and it's tomorrow. 

So yes Bret it must be the opening ceremony tonight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brett82

Here's a screen shot from the website.

 

Screenshot_20181007-093557.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oipigface

The livestream is working but only within 500m of the van full of wires and black boxes that powers it. My guess is that it will be working for the ceremony this evening, and thereafter.

Interesting flying today. Very narrow lift band, and good pumping is essential. We are ona slope called the Wind Tunnel which is about 10-15m high with a vertical face and an edge which is arc-shaped. Wind is around 10mps. Let’s say it requires techniques that I haven’t started to understand yet!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oipigface

No 47 just totalled the wind meter with his Shinto. That’s how they fly in Australia!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skip
5 hours ago, oipigface said:

No 47 just totalled the wind meter with his Shinto. That’s how they fly in Australia!

oops!!!

 

been watching some live feeds on Factlessbook and clips on youtube. Looks like a challenging weekend!! Wish I was there!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Redbird

Looking at the non 'Live' stream, the angle of that base is very deceiving! Just does not look right. Wish the camera was to the left of it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Les

No live stream yet,I think John T pulled the plug out without knowing. 

Mark give your Dad a call and tell him to plug it back in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oipigface
1 hour ago, Redbird said:

Looking at the non 'Live' stream, the angle of that base is very deceiving! Just does not look right. Wish the camera was to the left of it.

I agree. In fact when I first saw footage from the setup in the studio van, I mentioned it to the guy whose idea this was. I said it would be better to have camera in the centre, possibly tracking, and one behind each base. He said cameras are expensive. I said why not use phones? This didn’t go down well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oipigface
1 hour ago, Les said:

No live stream yet,I think John T pulled the plug out without knowing. 

Mark give your Dad a call and tell him to plug it back in.

Wasn’t me guv. I think they may still be having difficulty plugging it all in right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.