Bartletts 200 League at Sittingbourne Sept 16

Nicholls

Bartletts 200 League 2018.  Sept 16th (original planned for Sept 9th) will be held at the SADMAC Field (Sittingbourne & District Model Aircraft Club Kent see map below) organised by Kent Interclub - CD Ian Nicholls

Please let me know by 6pm latest on Friday 14th Sept. if you wish to enter to enable the team to get everything ready for Sunday.

Please book in from 0900, pilots briefing will be at 0945 and start at 1000 prompt to allow 6 rounds to be flown.

Rules unchanged, 3 classes of model can be flown, Open, 2Mtr and 100” (up to 2.6mtr allowed), and each score points in their own league.  2 entries allowed, but must be with different class models. 

Height limiter set to any height up to 200mtrs, and motor run time of 30sec.

Penalty for launching over 200mtrs, but no bonus for launching below 200mtrs.

Entry £5.00 per class, payable on the day.

Please register your entry here

Ian Nicholls Open

Eamon Keating Open

Peter Mitchell Open

Mike Connell Open

Brian Austin Open

Eddy Small Open

Garry Matthews Open

Nick Jackson Open

Alan Twine Open

Gordon Loomes Open

David Yale Open

Ray Gadenne Open

Randy Taylor Open

Tony Wood Open

John Postle Open

Brian Martin Open

Keith Benton Open

Possible David Phillips Open

Just to confirm the competition will run as proposed and the field (along the track behind the farmhouse) will be sign posted after 0830.

I will be doing the matrix tomorrow morning so please let me know if you aren't able to fly for any reason (I don't need to know why!) by 10am Lunch will be 20 + minutes after Round 3 of 6 at 12:15. There will be 3 Group per round so we will finish earlier than normal. 

Thanks Ian

SADMAC postcode ME9 9AU rev1.jpg

Edited by Nicholls
Final comments and entry
On 16/08/2018 at 17:03, Nicholls said:

Bartletts 200 League 2018.  Sept 16th (original planned for Sept 9th) will be held at the SADMAC Field (Sittingbourne & District Model Aircraft Club Kent see map below) organised by Kent Interclub - CD Ian Nicholls

Please let me know by 6pm latest on Friday 14th Sept. if you wish to enter to enable the team to get everything ready for Sunday.

Please book in from 0900, pilots briefing will be at 0945 and start at 1000 prompt to allow 6 rounds to be flown.

Rules unchanged, 3 classes of model can be flown, Open, 2Mtr and 100” (up to 2.6mtr allowed), and each score points in their own league.  2 entries allowed, but must be with different class models. 

Height limiter set to any height up to 200mtrs, and motor run time of 30sec.

Penalty for launching over 200mtrs, but no bonus for launching below 200mtrs.

Entry £5.00 per class, payable on the day.

Please register your entry here

Ian Nicholls Open

Eamon Keating Open

Peter Mitchell Open

Mike Connell Open

Brian Austin Open

Eddy Small Open

Garry Matthews Open

493890145_SADMACnearestpostcodeME99AU.thumb.jpg.c320c660b55148017eac777aca5f4082.jpg

Randy Taylor 

Gents,

It's 99% likely to be a 6 rounds of 3 groups each as we have up to 8 lanes available.

so starting at 10am the finish of flying (including a maximum half hour lunch break) would be 3pm plus any time to disassemble your models, collect your prizes before you're off home to Sunday roast!

• Like 3

Wind looks to be picking up, according to forcast, but to be fair don't think I have ever flown at SADMAC when it hasn't been windy 🙂

Nick Jackson

North Kent is a calm sub-tropical paradise.  Will be good to see you Sunday, Eamon - even if you insist on bringing the wind with you.  

• Haha 1
45 minutes ago, Nick Jackson said:

North Kent is a calm sub-tropical paradise

With 30kt gusts on Sunday 🙂

Looking forward to it.  Just finished repairing my Xplorer from a crash at the Nats so will be good to see how it functions.

• 2 weeks later...

BARCS ELG Bartletts at SADMAC September 16th Results and report.
The weather was not the most welcoming as the forecast attached showed, however everyone who entered turned up many from some considerable distance away so we had 16 flying.

As can be seen from the flight scores most rounds were not flown out and the wind which was not just strong but gusty caught out many on the landings.

My 2.45kg Stork 4 proved to be ideal for these conditions giving me my first win in this league.

As CD I decided to stop flying during Round 6 Group 1 but allowed it to finish before announcing my decision that the results would be based on the 5 completed rounds. When everyone had landed someone measured the wind at 18mph plus gusts. The fact that the gazebo was lifting of the ground lead me to hold the presentation away from it. Having decided to move my Stork away too I dug a wingtip into the ground creasing it thus causing damage that I was trying to avoid!

My thanks go to all the helpers and Pete Mitchell for the use of his electronic timing board linked to the GliderScore timing and announcements.

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

Landing Overall.jpg