Switch/charge jack

Darren_O

• 8 months later...

Just in case anybody is interested in the mini jack solution above.  The parts can be ordered from here.  https://uk.rs-online.com/web/   My order was turned around and delivered in less than 24 hours and postage was free - good prices too 

Stock NoQuantityDescription

32996851 Miniature r/a chassis jack socket,2.5mm

87868841 Black Cable Mount Phone Connector

Tag 

36 minutes ago, taggarc said:

Just in case anybody is interested in the mini jack solution above.  The parts can be ordered from here.  https://uk.rs-online.com/web/   My order was turned around and delivered in less than 24 hours and postage was free - good prices too 

Stock NoQuantityDescription

32996851 Miniature r/a chassis jack socket,2.5mm

87868841 Black Cable Mount Phone Connector

Tag 

Hi Tag

Just to let you know you have an extra digit in the RS Part numbers. They should be:

329-9685 Miniature r/a chassis jack socket,2.5mm

878-6884 Black Cable Mount Phone Connector

Athough, readung it again, I think the extra 1 at the end of the part number is your qty. Just thought I would clarify as searching for them with the "1" on the end on the website doesnt bring up the articles. 

Brett

Jerry Lunt

Just so anyone not familiar, the socket acts as the switch.   Plug a non-connected jack plug into it breaks the power supply circuit to the Rx.  (EDIT added)  Pull it out to fly.

Plug in a jack connected to your charger charges the battery.   Put a ribbon on the non-connected jack plug so's it's obviously in there and the Rx is non-operational  :thumbsup:

SwitchJack.jpgIs the diagram below for the mini jack saying that the centre  pin in the jack should be negative not positive ?  Many thanks Taggarc

Sorry - can't seem to edit the post above  and it has wrapped by text between the middle of the diagram and the end of it .   What I would like to know is the last diagram saying the negative wire should be in the centre pin of the jack and the positive on the outer ?  Thanks taggarc