mtreble

BMFA League Reserve 2 16th September

Gromit
37 minutes ago, oipigface said:

I think we should demand to see the code! After all, if you choose a random digit in the range [5,5], what you get is 5!

Had you not thought it strange that it was your son Mark who says that it randomly selected you , 'just sayin' 🤔 lol

Stu. 

oipigface
1 hour ago, Gromit said:

Had you not thought it strange that it was your son Mark who says that it randomly selected you , 'just sayin' 🤔 lol

Stu. 

Yes, I did think it passing strange! I think he should have an opportunity to explain.

Phil.Taylor

Another grand day out on the slope - good wind - good weather- good company - and some good times...

Big congrats to Tony - bet he won't share the secret local inside knowledge though 😁

I enjoyed the day - couple of wild rides & 3x cuts - trying too hard. Great seeing Bruce doing well with an F3F plane - bit more ballast & he will be well up there. Fun seeing Dave Rs double cut - curses - then a blistering 40.x the next round.

Roll on the winter leagues

Phil.

• Like 2

mtreble
3 hours ago, Gromit said:

Stu. 

I still have the tab open on my phone:

p.jpeg?size=2048x1536&size_mode=3

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Redbird

Yes, thanks to all who got the comp going and kept it running so smoothly and not shouting at me when I was late on the buzzer a couple of times.

6 hours ago, Gromit said:

As for me, it wasn't to be my day ystdy, just never got going or felt in tune with either my model or the conditions , maybe i'm burn out 🤭 LOL.

Well, for what it's worth Stu, when I was watching your glider, I thought that it was one of the most precisely flown. It seemed to track very well - whether it was tracking in the best places I don't know! When I was on buzzer you were a bit long. As for you being burnt out, I doubt that, but I look forward to perhaps nudging up closer to you sometime in the results and increasing your stress level! Thanks for the positive appraisal of my flying.

You all seem a really great bunch and it feels a privilege to join in.

Winter League? Brrr. Yes please.

Bruce 

• Like 2

Witch_1

I really enjoyed Sunday's flying, with reasonably consistent conditions allowing honing of technique.  Good consistent flying by Tony, Mark and Ian to top the day, well flown. 

Mark has now put the Results spreadsheet on the GBSRA site.   Here is a position progress chart of the day.   BMFA L2 White Sheet Charts.pdf

For those who didn't receive the facebook message, the 2018 League results have been notified on GBSRA Facebook page.

Roll on the winter leagues, and hopefully some stronger flying conditions after a couple of quiet years!

• Like 1

oipigface

Well done, Mark. It clearly has little to do with genes!

isoaritfirst

Cheers Nigel.

Interesting to see just how much the positions changed with that last 11th round.  😞

Usually when you are 10 plus rounds into a comp things are starting to smooth out, but then this is Whitesheet SW.

• Like 1

Witch_1

Yes quite, with scores so close positions were swapping all the time.  I didn't realise at the time but the final round was unusually good for me.

rc-soar

Really enjoyed Sunday. It was good see such a good entry, including Ade who, after some years away from F3F, took around 45 seconds to get back into form!

Some words with links to pics:

http://rc-soar.com/gallery/2018/reserve2/index.php

Thanks to Stu, Mark and John for a fun day's flying 🙂

• Like 5