Austin

Looking for new content

Would you like to see Clubs implemented?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see Clubs implemented?

• Yes I would like to see Clubs
    • No I would not like to see Clubs

Austin

Anyone that might want to offer any articles of reports for the website would be very welcome. We have a very active community with strong F3F, F5J and F3K classes but our main website lacks content and is a bit out of date. I struggle now days as I am not flying any more and I'm sure you don't want to read about boats. 🤔

Also looking for some new "high res" images for use on the front page as the old ones are a bit stale.

No pressure but if you feel like promoting your sport then please send me stuff to post. If you feel competent enough I can allow posting article direct to the  website but no problem for me to do it.

Please send stuff to my email rather than private message. admin@barcs.co.uk

---------------------------

While I am here the website can offer a system called "Clubs". It's a bit like social groups.

Each club can have its own forum, blog, gallery etc.

Four types of club are available:

Public clubs: Clubs that anyone can see and participate in without joining. (forum members not guests)

Open clubs: Clubs that anyone can see and join. (forum members not guests)

Closed clubs: Clubs that anyone can see in the directory, but joining must be approved by a Club Leader or Club Moderator. Non-club-members who view the club will only see the member list - not the recent activity or content areas.

Private clubs: Clubs that do not show in public, and users must be invited by a Club Leader or Club Moderator

I can see some useful things, like clubs for each Class UK European and WC teams where the members can be added, removed when someone qualifies then all the info for the team travel and chat can go in there. This is where a private or closed club would work. 

One of the reasons I have not enabled it is because I am worried content might disappear in closed and private clubs. We don't for example want contest reports and entry requests hidden in these clubs. I think the functionality could be useful but perhaps you have some feedback here so we can understand wishes and worries.

I've opened a poll so we can gather opinion using that too. If we go ahead it will take a while to set up so please be patient.

Austin.

• Thanks 2

Sydney Lenssen

That sounds like a lot of hard work and sorting will take time. You know I think you are a hero!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1