Vest Pokal 2019

k2x

The season is fast approaching it's end, and at one place or another plans are being made for the next season. The date for next years Vest Pokal has been set, it will take place  on 04./05.05.2019. Friedmar and Achim have agreed to make it part of the World Cup and the Euro Contest Tour. So make a note in your schedule,  everything else at the beginning of the new year.

Cheers

Ulrich

I am planning on being there again.  

Those who have not been this is a very well organised and run contest and should be on your bucket list.

Any more uk pilots interested. This is a relatively easy contest to get to from the uk.  Us northerners normally travel from Hull to Hook of Holland on the over night ferry which is great fun if anyone wants to join us.

• 1 month later...

German Open 2019

Next year the international german champion F3K will be awarded for the 20th time. And as last year, for the 3rd time in total, we will do it in Herten during the Vest Pokal. So we will give this event the suitable setting.

• 3 months later...

With the registration open for one week now,  half of the available places are taken. But there are still some nations missing:

France?
Denmark?
Great Britain?
Lithuania?
Poland?
Chech Republic?
Austria?
Peoples republic of MDFK?

So make your travel arrangements and register now. 

Cheers 
Ulrich

• 2 weeks later...

There are now 4 weeks left in the registration period. We currently have 49 registrations. I wonder, who will be the next registration. Who ever it might be, he (or she?) will be my guest for the dinner on saturday evening.

• 3 weeks later...

The last week of the registration period has started. So the late deciders better hurry up and get registered. You don't want to miss the 20th edition of the german open F3K, don't you? The 50th registration came from the UK, but what about the other Brits?

Preparation is on the final stretch, the buffet has been ordered, the helpers are booked, just the case for the new Gliderscore display has to be finished.

• 2 weeks later...

At the end of the registration period we had 61 registrations. The draw will be done with 5 groups of 13, so we will have 4 reserve spots, which will be granted on a first come, first serve basis. If you want to take one of the reserve places, please send an email to vestpokal(at)web.de with your address and your FAI-No.

It is getting closer quickly. Competitors info have been sent today to the emailaddress stated in the registration. If you haven't received an email today, please get in touch.

Two of the reserve places are left for the late deciders. 

Cheers 
Ulrich

• 2 weeks later...

The world kept turning since the last post and due to some cancellations we have 2 places available at the moment .   So if have you haven't planned anything  for the weekend,  you can still join the game at perfect (Herten-)Weather. :D

Just send an email to vestpokal(at)web.de with your address, FAI-Nr. and the number of persons for breakfast and dinner.

• Like 1

Thanks for the online scores Ulrich. Many people (Vincent!) having a difficult time it seems. Scores have changed, test data perhaps?

Neil Harrison

Looking at the scores conditions are tough.

Thank you for the update Ulrich 👍

Neil Harrison

So immensely proud of my guys......

Well done in very tough conditions!!!

Quentin now German Open Champion 🏆🥇 

C70B8D51-847F-4740-A264-CD631A02B4CD.jpeg

3836BC8D-8C24-4F20-9398-5D9F1FF849FC.jpeg

Another Vest Pokal is in the books. In the meantime also the FlyOff is uploaded to gliderscore (seperate competition), but you can also find all results here.

Quick summary:

Winner of the prelims and winner of the Contest-Eurotour wing - Henri Sander

International german championship F3K - Juniors:

1 - Paul Stark
2 - Fritz Besener
3 - Julius Hausmann

Thanks to Neil Harrison and Superfly, for sponsoring the Amazon vouchers of the juniors.

International german championship F3K

1 - Quentin Phillipe
2 - Roland Sommer
3 - Jochen Reuter

Winner 55plus - Edwin Roosemann

Winning Team - Team 42

• Henri Sander
  • Matthias Freitag
  • André Walkenhorst

Winners of private rankings - tell me

Congratulations to all the winners (official and private ranking) and thank you to all, who made the Vest Pokal 2019 to what is was. And now, as always, I hand over to the competitors. And I want to see photos!

• Like 1

Ulrich - thank you so much for your hospitality and and help during the weekend.   I appreciate how much effort you all put into organising such a brilliant event.    Well done!

To echo Mike and Neil's comments from last year,   if your looking to enter a much bigger event than UK flyers are used to.  And to compete against some of the top pilots in Europe then the Vest Pokal comes highly recommended.    You will learn a huge amount from such an event.

The conditions were incredibly varied, we pretty much had everything.  Hail/sleet, thunder, rain, sun, cloud, booming lift, dead air, tent flattening wind.   Even had ice Sunday morning.

The standard of flying was very humbling.    I flew OK on the Saturday with a few crucial mistakes,  but the Sunday I was totally outclassed.  The lift was marginal and I couldn't do anything with it.      I think being an official timer in the fly off was more stressful than actually flying :)

• Like 2