Midland Winter League F3F 2018/19

Andy_B

Leslie ..... curse of the buzzer again ... well done all , sorry I couldn’t make it but aprior appointment with the darts grand slam prevented me attending . 

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone for making the effort to come along today, it wasn't an easy weather call.

But how perfect was that, course up in the mist then cleared just at the right time, no stops for rain.

Consistently inconsistent wind, that would stop forward motion quite easily if you didn't keep pushing on.

All in all, a bostin day in the Midlands. 

Congrats to Greg, he got off to a flyer on the first round and never really looked back. 

Round winners, Greg got 4, 

MikeE made 3,

Scott (despite his whinging) 2.

Mark also managed 2 wins.

Greg managed fastest time of the day with a 40.19.

Not record breaking times but challenging and fun.

image.png.6e89fc5c5ed6796026076edc09376d60.png

• Like 5

Well this was my first time at Ashes...  it reminded me of the S bowl  of  Horcum complete with bouncy heather, but with a touch of Levisham grittiness thrown in. Certainly different! Well done to Greg, Mike and Mark. Greg showed the way, with some super smooth flying with his Pitbull in a good mix of smooth/rough air. Mike too was really attacking the course, and it certainly paid off. Thanks to  Les, Mike and the weather gods for an unexpectedly good day’s flying.

Mike

PS Not sure if I got any good pics, fingers crossed...

• Like 6

Very pleasing to hear that you had a encouraging number of entries & a  very successful Midlands Winter lg comp .

Congrats to Greg, Mike & Mark for their respective top 3 placings 👍

Very well done to everyone else on your own placings & any personal achievements 👍

Well done Les on cd'ing your first event 👍

Stu. 

• Like 3

I think there was a lot of skill demonstrated yesterday and it was great to see. Enjoyed all of it and inspired to improve.

Thanks to Mike and Les and the workers for a smoothly operated event. 

• Like 4

It was great to see you yesterday Mike, hopefully you can make a few more . 

Great to meet you as well Bruce,  Hopefully you and Keith can continue to share the journey and make the day worthwhile. I was just sorry I didn't get any free time for chatting.

I was always very conscious that the day needed to be kept moving if we were to manage 4 rounds!

You flying looked good - just need to get settled into comp flying and I think we will see you working you way up the results pretty quickly.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Just a reminder to anyone wanting to join us for the next Midlands F3F Winter League competition,you need to get your name down because we need 8 people to hold a comp.

Hopefully we have as good of a day as we did in comp 2.

See you all on the 8th.

Les, I know Dave Woods is interested. I will also chase Mike S up. It looks like a Westerly. So it could be good.

Greg

• Like 2

I'm not saying anything about the weather for Saturday despite having just checked  XC Weather for Church Stretton.

😀 ☺️

Hopefully this stinking head cold will have cleared by the weekend.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Maria Freeman said:

What is the max windspeed for a comp ? Is it 20m/s ???

Just asking , not mentioning the forecast !

25m/s

• Like 1

As it’s now late Thursday and forecasts haven’t been changing all week. Perhaps we could say it’s going to be ...........

😃