Midland Winter League F3F 2018/19

Andy_B

right folks ,

The comp is ON......meet Pole cott car park at 9:30 .

forcast is for wind  no rain and even a bit of sun.

see you in the morning 

Andy

• Like 4

Wishing you all a very enjoyable comp, I look forward to hearing all about it.

Frustratingly i'm unable to travel up & enjoy the day with you.

Stu. 

Not long got back home from a breezy Long Mynd , great day  nice leisurely start about 11am to let the wind drop a bit 7 rounds flown and another newcomer , welcome Tony.

11 pilots in total and heartbreak for Nigel ...records a blistering 34.96 in round 5 only to loose it due to a rain delay .

Good day personally as every round bar the last was sub 40 and for a change made the right ballast call at the right time .

Andy

midland lge rd5 2018 full rounds score.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Skip said:

Well done Andy! Glad you guys got another comp in. 

P.S that's the 4th iteration of Nigel's surname I've seen now.

X2. Nice to Mark on the podium again. And Mike taking full advantage of slopes he must know backwards.

Nigel should be grateful he’s now experienced enough to be granted a surname at all. Kyri and Tony haven’t earned theirs yet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Well done Andy, Mike and Mark, that's a great result guys. Sounds like it was an awesome comp. 

Tough luck Nigel, that's even worse than my luck at the HOH eurotour last year when my 1000 point round was discarded. 

Nice to see another new comer. Its amazing to see the turn around from last year. Welcome Tony, hopefully I can get to meet you at next month's competition.

Well done all, hope you all enjoyed it.

Brett

• Like 1

Great bit of flying today Andy, that Pitbull never looked anything but poised and happy.

Too much faffing about for me, after a good start, kind of lost my way for a few rounds.

Great to see Kyri and Tony doing well in such blustery conditions.

As far as I know we only had one broken model -----  and that was before the comp and perhaps was just as well as Mr B may not have been flying his PB otherwise.....

I expect he will blame me for a shoddy repair I did for him last year 😀

• Like 1

Grate day thanks to all for helping out.

Andy you really deserve this win well done mate.

Also well don't to Mike and Mike for topping out the top three.

Also great flying from Nigel with that 34.96 in the round we had to cancel. 

Good to see new blood coming along to join us.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, isoaritfirst said:

I expect he will blame me for a shoddy repair I did for him last year 😀

it did have 2kg pushing it along , left to me it would have still been in bits 😉

That was a good day, and for me one to remember.  Many thanks to Andy and Les for organising things and sitting at centre.

Mike and Mark had the Shinto and Needle 100 moving really fast, but Andy was really neat on the bases today - great to watch.

Rather ironic that the approaching rain shower that gifted me a PB 3s faster than my previous (and possible FTD), then proceeded to hang around for 40 minutes and take it away again.  Hey-ho, there would be less challenge if conditions were completely predictable.

2 hours ago, Skip said:

P.S that's the 4th iteration of Nigel's surname I've seen now. 

Don't worry, there's quite a few iterations...........  and a few people call me Nick after a news reporter with similar name.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, mtreble said:

1 Greg Lewis 2964.71 100.00
2 Mike Evans 2953.51 99.62
3 Andy Burgoyne 2947.36 99.41

That's tight between the top three and with only one comp to go it could go to any one of them.

I've got less than one point to make up on you Mark, looking forward to next month.

Congrats on your win Mr b :thumbsup:.

Very well done to Mike on your 2nd place & to Mark on taking third 👍.

So very unlucky with your 34 Nigel 😭

Great to hear of another newcomer to F3f, well done Tony 👍

Stu. 

It was great to be able to attend another of these events. The hospitality, helpfulness and camaraderie is second to none and I would recommend it to anyone. It is a strange type of addiction that is difficult to explain to others, but getting improving times on the course somehow compensates for being blasted by the wind all day. 

I managed to get some video from base B, thanks to Mark for taking over the button pressing so I could get a few clips. 

• Like 9