Midland Winter League F3F 2018/19

Andy_B

I'm not mentioning the forecast or asking what the call is going to be but I am going to say I will bring all my ballast...😁

• Like 1

So currently I have the following attendingΒ 

Andy B

Les Wood

PaulΒ  Stubley

Mike Evans

Brett Larrett

MarkΒ Southall

Greg Lewis

Mark TrebleΒ 

Β 

So we are right on the bubble of calling the event on or off , can one who is either planning on coming or not coming please post on this thread .

it looks windy on a big hill .........

ThanksΒ 

Andy

Andy, Les, I didn't want to be the party pooper.Β  Personally, I don't like the look of the likely conditions so, as you seem to have the minimum 8, I'm saying I'm not going.

Hope you don't get too wet if going.

BTW : Β  40mph = ~17.8m/s

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Local Forecast forΒ tomorrow is from 18mph with gusts up to 40mph. Sunshine with potential for a shower midday Β 

So likelyhood is general wind speed of 12m/s Β or less.Β 

Direction is square on PoleCot.Β The lower edge should give very clean focused lift.Β 

With its Safe soft heather covered landing zone,Β it could be the best comp for many years .

The square direction and clean hill should make the event both fast and easy Β 

πŸ˜€

Β 

• Like 2

Back home and in the bath with a tin of beer.

Arrived on the slope this morning around 7:45 because I needed to trim flight my plane's on the new Jeti transmitter.Β 

God it was crazily windy,so even before I got to the slope edge my hart was pumping ten to the dozen.

Chucked of settled and trimmed the PB2 .

1.5kg in the wing's and it was screaming along,so decided to bring it in and that's where the fun started.Β 

Full crow and it shot off up to heaven like some love sick Angel.Β 

Right so I've got to land this plane with no crow brake,would it slow down would he'll like.

It was like I'd started to DS the bloody hill,it just kept going fast and fast,why can't that happen when I'm on the course.Β 

Anyway it took me 20mins plus to get this plane.

Andy then made his way down the the foot path to be greeted by my saying in not flying the comp until I've had time to set the plan up properly.Β 

Test flying plane's in 30 plus mph winds is not good for your health.Β 

Played around for a bit and got it there abouts to fly the comp.

Comp started of with strong winds that disappeared after two round and went lighter but with no lift.

Rain started to come along with the clagg.

Four rounds completed then we called it off.Β 

Good to catch up with the guys again and roll on to January'sΒ  comp.

• Like 3

And todays result isΒ 

Thanks to all that came along ...strange old day started greatΒ  but then went really weirdΒ 

Β 

Β 

Β 

midland lge rd2 2018.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Come on Les... put the tinny down and get the results on here...πŸ˜‚

Was a good comp, although rather brief. As Les said, first two rounds were ballistic but then it slowly started to die off as the rain and clagg hit.Β 

For me personally, I had a great day. First comp racing the Jedi Space Lift and it did not disappoint. Started with two 41.xx before the wind dropped off.

Was great catching up with everyone. Thanks to Les and Andy for organising and I think Mike and Paul also helped out. Was a great day, although a bit wet.

Brett

• Haha 1

Thanks Andy, we posted at the same time. I was hoping for 5th, maybe 4th, did not expect 3rd.

My best result so far, first podium.Β  AWESOME πŸ˜€

Well done Andy and Greg. Great result guys.

Brett

• Like 2