Midland Winter League F3F 2018/19

Andy_B

9 minutes ago, Brett82 said:

Thanks Andy, we posted at the same time. I was hoping for 5th, maybe 4th, did not expect 3rd.

My best result so far, first podium.  AWESOME 😀

Well done Andy and Greg. Great result guys.

Brett

Well flown Brett you really deserve your 3rd place.

All so Andy and Greg.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good to hear you got a comp in, albeit a short one 👍.

Congrats on your win Mr B, and for your couple of very nice 37 's in rds 1 & 2 .

Well done Greg on your 'runners up' placing, & to Brett on your 3rd place & first podium 👏

Stu. 

• Like 1

Andy. Les, Paul and Mike thank you for pushing the boundaries of the forecast to run the event.

You have to look at today  and remember if you put  event 1 and 2 together we have had some great flying.

Even today the pre-comp flying and the first round made the trip worthwhile.

Andy great flying. Smooth and very accurate a well deserved win. Brett your anticipation was great today and you got the plane in the right place for the best lift. Well done.

It was a busy comp but we all mucked in and made it happen. Thank you to the people who manned the buzzers almost moments after they had just landed. Without buzzer people and event organisers  we could not compete.

• Like 3

Well done on a well earned 3rd place Brett.

So for me, my choosing to "plock plock out" was good.  Glad you all had fun, especially Les  😉

• Like 1

Well done Brett! I knew you would make it on the podium before too long.

A short day but good to get out on the hill. Thanks to Andy and Les for organising.

• Like 2

Well done Andy. 

Although I think Brett has the best set of scores  1 x 3rd and 3 x 2nds 

Was easily the best set of placing , well done .

Its hard to beat a couple of 37’s that Andy flew in the first two rounds. though, and Greg’s last round whitewash .

strange day conditions wise.  also a little strange that my first two rounds were identical times, especially as both ballast and flight lines were different . 

Very windy and fast before the comp then it went very poor as the wind dropped to around 9m/s for the last one , normally at this kind of speed the hill works very well but the air lacked its normal levels of buoyancy .

after the comp and the rain had blown through Paul and I had a few spells of sunshine and big winds. 

Really good quality air that was defiantly worth waiting for.

although we did get some more rain as well . All to random for running a comp on but some great flying conditions.

thanks to all that supported the event  it was so close to being a great day , turned out a strange day (for PoleCot) 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Sloper said:

good to see Mark Southall's name back in the game!

and to get a 4th place in round 3. Not too shabby for being out the game for some time.

It was nice to meet Mark, we have a great group of pilots in our area. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Early call for Tomorrows race . West North West all day 15-25mph  8C     its ON

See you all at 9:30 Polecott carpark 

Andy

• Like 2

Great news. Dave and I will see you tomorrow. New flyer Kyri may join the event. I know he has been in contact with you.

Greg

• Like 3

Turned out nice again. 

Despite the wind being cocked off to the right, it was a great day. 

12 pilots and 10 challenging but fun rounds. 

Never easy but quick enough when flown well. 

Fastest time by Greg - who also won the comp. (although I haven’t seen the results yet. ) of 39 sec. Most rounds won with 42ish and typical times of around 55 for last man (baring messing up) so overall despite crosses wind, times remained mainly stable and results should be a good reflection of how people flew. 

I had a lovely day hope those that came along to suppprt the event enjoyed it as much as I did. 

• Like 3

As Mike says it was a good day .......rain stopped as soon as I arrived at 8:30 and from then on it was a great day .Results as below   (sorry Brett) 

midland lge rd3 2018 full rounds score.jpg

• Like 2

I think you need to double check Andy, have you counted the discard... 😂

I thought it would be close, well done guys and thanks Andy and Mike for running another great comp. Well done Greg, great flying mate.

Nice to see another new face too and good to see Bruce back.

• Like 1