Midland Winter League F3F 2018/19

Andy_B

5 minutes ago, isoaritfirst said:

Nice videos Kyri. Fancy dropping them on the lmsa site, when you have time. 

No problem, I've posted the ones up so far! 

• Like 2

Great to be out again with F3Fgliders rippin up the Long Mynd Skyline. It was one of the best competitions there that I can remember for sometime. Once the wind settled below legal max, it provided fairly consistent conditions for all competitors. It was good to catch up with Kyri and Tony who had traveled down from the Blackpool area. Tony flew before me, so I was able to notice that his times were reducing a few seconds each round. Way to go Tony 👍.

Top guys continue to fly in the way that looks so easy, and a well deserved result scoreboard was the outcome.

Thanks to Andy & Les for running the show.

For me, the journey West to my new home on the Mid Wales coastline was only another 15 minutes, so no excuses not to keep attending the Mynd for Comps an Sports flying days out 😉

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

This weekend is the 6th rnd of the Midlands league , normal stuff will have a weather call Friday evening and can you either RSVP in the calendar or let me know your coming .

• Like 1

well that's a bum

we have the Southern on Sunday as well, shame as it would have been good to pop up to you chaps.

have fun

JP 

2 hours ago, fpljohn said:

well that's a bum

we have the Southern on Sunday as well, shame as it would have been to pop up to you chaps.

have fun

JP 

Pahhhh....I'm going to try and get down to see you 

What a great day , started at 11:30   and finished by 3:30    10 rounds flown and everyone was shattered again by the end .

I broke my PB 4 times today      and I know Brett broke his    with I'm guessing both Kyri and Tony doing theres 

FTD was Greg   who got a couple of doses of good air  and did a great 31.57    not quite as entertaining as his 31.9  which saw his plane pointing vertical as it got a bit to close to the green stuff .

Andy

PS  cheers Pete  for the FS3 

midland lge rd6 2018 full rounds score.jpg

Midland lge 6 round winning times.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for getting that posted so quickly Andy.

What a day, I am completely shattered. There were some really good flights to be seen and some impressive times. That flight of Greg's didn't half get a few hearts pumping. Honestly thought it was going in. 

On a personal level, I had an amazing comp. My previous PB was 38.xx and my first flight was a 39.xx so I was hoping it might happen.

Took a few more rounds though, did a 37.xx and was over the moon. Role on the last round and nailed a 35.xx which I just realised was a round win, awesome. 

Cant wait to see the results so I can get my exact time.

Congratulations to the top three and once again thanks to the guys for organising. 

Brett

• Like 3