Wales F3F Winter League Dates 2018/19

jwest532

Stefan Bertschi
10 hours ago, ChrisInTheVale said:

It was great to see what I can aspire to try and achieve by watching the rest  of you throughout the day.  Despite modest efforts, I am thrilled to have started with a 45 (I think 1 sec faster than my last go a couple of years ago] and then have a couple of rounds at 42 and then a couple at 41 and  possible one just about 40. (I may need to ask the time keeper for a reminder as I was too hyped to make a note of my times).

Hi Chris

Joel posted the whole spread sheet on page 3 of this thread and you had actually 2 in the 40ties (shame for those 11 hundreds :-))

image.png.e3eae13b182b8e7d02295123f66432f6.png

Cheers

Stefan

1 hour ago, Stefan Bertschi said:

Hi Chris

Joel posted the whole spread sheet on page 3 of this thread and you had actually 2 in the 40ties (shame for those 11 hundreds :-))

image.png.e3eae13b182b8e7d02295123f66432f6.png

Cheers

Stefan

Almost 'continuous improvement', Chris. Well done!

• Like 2

Agree with all of the comments, it was a stunning day out. Big congrats to Joel for the sub-30 ( flying an Arcona Special, presumably optimised for 3 m/s 😉) , and to all pilots who broke their PBs, especially Dave Rumble who's Jedi I enjoyed watching throughout the day. But, surely the day belonged to Skip for some magnificent flying, which sadly I couldn't watch as he flew directly after me. Some result though!

Great to see some new pilots on the slope enjoying their day out, and of course my old buddy, Stefan (who also flew superbly). 

F3F is an odd thing. After flying  in 3 - 5m/s wind speeds for an entire week at Rugen and thinking that global warming had killed slope racing as we know it, we run two epic winter league events and I fly 17 consecutive sub - 40s. Truly bizarre... 

Cheers, 

Greg

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys

Just a reminder that this Sunday is the second Wales winter league.  Please email me at jwest532@aol.com if you plan to attend.  As normal weather call will be made Friday night.

Cheers

Joel

Hi Joel,

Please count me in and Dave Woods may travel down with me. Dave will confirm I am sure.

Greg

• Like 1

Hi guys

We have the following people signed up

Keith Wood

Joel West

Graeme Mahoney

Mike Evans

Mark Passingham

Greg Lewis

Clayton Landells

John Treble

Nigel Witchells

Chris Studley

Dave Woods

As normal the weather call will be made on Friday night after the mountain forecast has updated.

Cheers

Joel

• Like 1

Hi guys

As is the norm for this time of year the forecasts are saying maybe, maybe not,  The issue will be that SW winds at this time of year normally bring clag which would prevent us from flying however if this doesn't materialise it would be a good days flying.  With this in mind i'm going to call the comp  ON with the proviso that I still have enough people wanting to travel on this forecast.  Can you please post below if you are willing to travel, if I have 6 or more i'll run the comp.

Cheers

Joel