Wales F3F Winter League Dates 2018/19

jwest532

16 minutes ago, rumbey said:

Sorry I'm out. Looks too light for me. Have a good one guys

I’ll be fine lost 5 lbs on the turbo this morning. 😆

Cannot do it Joel , sorry too long a drive for the possibility of no flying ...Hope you do get a comp in ,would serve me right for not making the effort ...good luck boys 

I'm unable to make this one Joel 

Wishing you all a  very enjoyable days racing & good luck to all 👍.

I look forward to hearing all about the day

Stu. 

Hi guys

A couple of you have emailed me because the updated weather forecast at 6pm has shown a significant down turn in the conditions.  The mountain forecast has done a 180 and is now saying there will be significant hill fog and most of the other forecast are saying that although the wind will pick-up in the afternoon it will be accompanied by sleet/rain.  I would therefore suggest we don't make the journey to wales. :( Can all those that said they would attend please confirm that they have seen this post..

Really sorry to muck you about like this  

Joel

• Thanks 1

ChrisInTheVale

Yup the right call. Thanks for doing your best to keep it on Joel.  Fingers crossed for a better forecast next month.

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

I was coming up to watch and didn’t see Joel’s last message cancelling today, so I drove the 27 miles from home. It was the right call there is no wind an the ridge is in low cloud with a light drizzle. Please see the photos below. Hope to see you next time. I have just bought a Willow 1 off AJ but need to improve my skills before I do a comp as I mainly fly F5J. Cheers Nigel

43B49C6E-9F2C-4A76-A8F3-1BFBB4A286C9.jpeg

A947ECF5-4993-4F21-8F92-97E6EF5C6C5B.jpeg

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Nigel taylor said:

Hi Guys,

I was coming up to watch and didn’t see Joel’s last message cancelling today, so I drove the 27 miles from home. It was the right call there is no wind an the ridge is in low cloud with a light drizzle. Please see the photos below. Hope to see you next time. I have just bought a Willow 1 off AJ but need to improve my skills before I do a comp as I mainly fly F5J. Cheers Nigel

43B49C6E-9F2C-4A76-A8F3-1BFBB4A286C9.jpeg

A947ECF5-4993-4F21-8F92-97E6EF5C6C5B.jpeg

Sorry you made the drive for nothing :( if it helps the photo's made me feel better 

Joel, not a problem it was a nice drive, the Valleys without any traffic are easy. I went via Treorchy not a route I have been before so it wasn't a wasted journey.  You made the right call on the weather.☺️

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys

Just a reminder that this Sunday is the Forth Wales Winter League.  Please email me at jwest532@aol.com if you plan to attend.  As normal weather call will be made Friday night.

Cheers

Joel

• Like 1