Wales F3F Winter League Dates 2018/19

jwest532

It did clear at about 1pm. We managed 6 or 7 rounds and there were plenty of quick times. Joel did a 30.xx

Thanks again to Joel and Graeme for running the CDs role.

A great afternoon all in all! Finally stopped by rain. Think it's the first time I've flown a round in the rain, but then again I was the last pilot to fly.

• Like 1

Another big day on the Bwlch.  

Several PB’s broken today, good to see Chris get his first sub 40 nicely flown! Also Tony with a 33xx. Well done mate👍

Thanks to Joel for organising and everyone for mucking in, really enjoyable day!!

G

• Like 2

Nice to see you guys got a comp in. Sounds like a rather fast comp too, perseverance sitting in the cars till 1pm paid off then. 

Brett

• Like 1

What a season!

Another big day. 

The only thing hanging around was the morning clag.  Once it did go the wind speed also changed dramatically, 17m/s lifty and with higher speed gusts. Direction seemed to change through the afternoon as well. mostly  blowing down my left ear, round 5 for me it was decidedly from the right . Were Joel’s  heavy reversals  didn’t seem to worry about direction, for me it meant a slight change of plan , first few rounds were flown with high em on the left and 60”  pylon type turn on the right , later rounds needed em on the right as well. 

Seemed to work but a few slight errors on most of my runs lost valuable momentum.  In the end I was happy with the times but dissaointed that I felt there were too many errors  in my flying today 

I started with the Jazz, and it was feeling good, but a tussock decided to clout the wing tip breaking off the tip from the aileron cut out , back to the Shinto for the last two rounds.

thanks to Joel for organising us all  and congrats on another resounding win . 

• Like 4

Well we rode our luck again and it paid off :)

Turned up on the slope this morning to an unforecasted light SE wind, however as soon as we got set up on the back of the Wrecker the clag came down and stopped us from flying.

We then elected to move camp up to Mikey's as the forecast had suggested that the wind would sling and the clag would lift.  We then sat in our cars for what seemed like an age only to suddenly see the rain stop and blue skies appearing and 15-18m/s smack on the slope.

6 rounds were flown before a shower stopped play.  Unfortunately Dave and Graeme got the worst of it however I have checked the scores and it didn't affect their final positions.

I know we had some PB's today which was fantastic.  We also had a couple of damaged models on landing which I'm hoping can be repaired?

Anyway, I have attached the spread sheet as I know you all like to do a bit of post match analysis. 

Thanks to everyone for helping out today.  Hope to see you all in 4 weeks time for the final Rd of the Wales winter.

Joel

Wales Winter League-2018-4.xls

• Like 5

Top day today blokes 😁

Awesome to see a few PB's 👏

I found it tough today.  I struggled to find my line. Very enjoyable though. I love a challenge.

A shame to see some damage today, hope it's all repairable. 

Well done Joel, Graeme and Mike. Top stuff 😎

• Like 2

ChrisInTheVale

Thanks all for another good comp. It was worth the wait!

Thrilled to break my pb twice during the day  and it was good to keep learning by watching the rest of you. 

Well done to the leaders and thanks again Joel for the organisation (and showing us how reversals really should be done).

A pic and a link to one of Joel's runs... sadly not the 30 second run, I think this was nearer 32.  

20190217_131317.jpg

• Like 4

On 17/02/2019 at 20:48, jwest532 said:

We also had a couple of damaged models on landing which I'm hoping can be repaired?

My PB2 has now got one and two half wings. It was its first competition as my model of choice and it took me a couple of rounds to reduce all the throws for about the twentieth time. I was rewarded with a sub-40 in R3. 

I’ve always had trouble seeing this model. Despite the luminous orange bits, it just disappears from sight particularly when it is turning towards the pilot, and the profile is at its lowest. I had been losing it three or four times every time I walked back to the landing area but always picked it up again as its attitude changed. Then in the fifth round, I lost sight of it once too often, and only caught sight of it again as it smashed into the deck.

I’m thinking of ordering a replacement wing with the colours reversed.

• Sad 8

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys

Just a reminder that this Sunday is the 5th and final Wales Winter League for 2018/19.  Please email me at jwest532@aol.com if you plan to attend.  As normal weather call will be made Friday night.

Cheers

Joel

Started a new shift pattern Joel ...4 on 4 off ,,,unfortunately it,s my 4 on this weekend ! hope you have a good comp cheers Abo  

• Sad 1