17 minutes ago, jwest532 said:

Hi guys

Currently have 9 confirmed to come :)

Weather call as normal tomorrow 

Joel 

Make that 11 :)

jwest532

OK guys

Weather forecast looks good for Sunday so we are ON :). Normal meeting place at 0900 please.

PS Myself and Stefan were going down for a practise on Saturday, but looking at the forecast its not worth it.  Will be in a pub/curry house in Bridgend Saturday night though, if anybody wants to join us?

Cheers

Joel

• Like 2

wookman
16 hours ago, jwest532 said:

Normal meeting place at 0900 please.

Is that the lay-by near the gateway to Mickey's?

Enjoy the curry.

isoaritfirst

Yes

• Like 1

wookman

Cheers Mike and Joel.👍

rumbey

20190317_100735_HDR.thumb.jpg.035287bb1d95c15a81ad736d0b58fb55.jpg10 pilots turned up to a clear bwlch and we set up camp on the far mickeys. Due to low numbers and the time it takes to walk back and land we did crow throughs.  We managed 10 round in all before a snow storm stopped play. Graeme, Joel and Stefan were the stand out pilots as far as could see. 

Enjoyable day out and thanks to Joel and Graeme for cding.

20190317_083341_HDR.jpg

IMG-20190317-WA0015.jpeg

• Like 10

Redbird

That first photo is great Dave. 

Would make a good greetings card I think. 

jwest532

image.png.63903b675fd24bd1faf4efeb60405427.png

Thanks to everyone that turned out today. Great day until Armageddon swept in. Write-up to follwo

• Like 6

Alibabaj

Great end to the winter league. Mixed bag for me, more good than bad though 🙂. Thanks to Joel for running the show again and to Stefan for launching all day👍

Stand out for me was watching Dave hanging on for dear life as his Pitbull came on step in massive air!! Classic BWLCH

Nightmare drive home... managed to pick up a slow ish puncture, had to stop and top it up every 10 miles or so!

G

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

wookman

Epic end to the Wales winter league.

Great weather, good and dreadful.

Managed a sub 50 second run, don't laugh, by my standards with my antique aeroplane, that's quick!

The hail, rain and snow on the treck back to the cars was exciting.

A great day out despite coming a distant tenth.

• Like 5

oipigface

Nice to see that Graeme has turned Spanish, and Jesus (presumably this is the second coming) has become an F3Fer!

Well done all. Sorry I couldn’t join in.

• Haha 3

Stefan Bertschi

Sitting in the plane waiting for the take off. What a nice - although cold - day on the slope.

Achieved my goal to maiden the device but the further outcome was even better 😀. Big thanks to Joel for running the league and everybody who is attending the comps. I wish everybody a nice CoC and bring on the Summer (league).

As for the typos on the scoring the blame is entirely om my side.

Cheers

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sloper
3 hours ago, Stefan Bertschi said:

Achieved my goal to maiden the device but the further outcome was even better . 

did you race the Device too after the maiden?

isoaritfirst

Enjoyable day. Very glad we finished when we did,  it went pretty uncomfortable in the mid afternoon storm. 

Maiden for me as well withthe PB2. Very pleased with how it went. Felt crisp and accurate, and quick enough in the couple of rounds where it had some lift under its wings.  

2 rounds of the worst air I saw all day  and a couple that were indifferent, stopped any chance of a better position.  Stefan and Graham also having back to back good stuff didn’t help  😳

Device  looked very planted and after the first couple of rounds Stefan was cruising around the course for several low 33 /34’s 

making it all look far too easy. 

Graham  managed a 35 and a 36 back to back, in a slightly less relaxed way, also maddening his latest PB2. 

I didn’t see much a Joel, other than big reversals as per. 

So a great comp with average air giving 40s runs and good stuff 35’s. 

Just lovely. 

• Like 1

Stefan Bertschi
1 hour ago, Sloper said:

did you race the Device too after the maiden?

Yes I did although I have to reduce elevator/snap a tad

• Like 1

jwest532

Well, what a way to finish off the final Wales 18/19 Winter League.  I awoke in Bridgend to an, as forecast, clear bright sunny day with a strong WNW wind.  Everyone was ready to go at the gate promptly at 9am and we had the course up and were ready to go just after 10am.  With good conditions we promptly dispatched 10 rounds with a very civilised 30min break at lunch time to refuel and chew the cud.  We were just about to start rounds 11&12 (crow through) when some rather ominous clouds appeared across the valley and a quick decision to call it a day had the course down and most people’s models away before the mother of a sleet/snow storm hit which had us all running for the cars.

With regards to the flying, the wind and the thermal influence definitely built through the day and round winning times began to tumble.  All rounds were won with a sub40 with the FTD being a 32.16..  Although it pains me to say (and he knows how much), Stefan was the stand out pilot making absolutely no mistakes and nailing the bases every time. All this with a new plane (Device) which he maiden at the start of the comp. It’s also worth mentioning that despite the conditions we only had one plane damaged which is incredible considering the conditions.

Anyway, as always, thanks to everyone who turned out across all 4 events.   I’m especially hoping our new recruits, Graham Bruce and Chris enjoyed themselves.  It has been fantastic watching them improve round on round and I’m hoping this WL will encourage them into the summer league .

Please see points summary and final standing below, as well as the round 5 spread sheet for some post-match analysis.

After a 2 year wait, Wales finally delivered in a style that only the Bwlch can 😍

Cheers

Joel

image.png.f93bb4baf5eecc63f9391bc6ab704fd2.png

Wales Winter League-2018-5.xls

• Like 7

Peter G

Congratulations on what sounds like an epic winter leaugue in Wales, glad you got the monkey off your back Joel 😉

• Like 1