jwest532

Wales F3F Winter League Dates 2018/19

Gromit

All the best for an enjoyable days racing 👍

Stu. 

Keith_W

Joel got it spot on, we managed 4 rounds 2 at a time with crow through before the rain came and set in. Anymore than the 7 pilots we had would probably have been too many. No idea what the results are.

• Like 1

oipigface

Aced it, Joel! Well done Keith, and well done Mike.

Brett82

Well done Joeth, Keith and Mike and good to see Bruce back in the air again.

jwest532

Well it was always going to be a marginal call.  We arrived to clag which if I'm honest didn't look like lifting however suddenly at 1130 we had flyable conditions.  As we were expecting rain at 2pm and the fact there was only 7 of us we decided to fly crow through.  We were half way through rounds 5&6 when the rain came.  Not a classic comp but based on the last couple of years I'll take 4 rounds over none :)

Joel

Wales Winter League-2018-2.xls

• Like 9

Witch_1

I really enjoyed that, it was a very interesting day.  Two big rocky outcrops as bases A and B, turbine direction and clouds going left to right along the valley, cloud threatening to engulf base B at times.  We couldn't see the ridge opposite, and back of Wrecker was clagged all day!  But..... we had just enough clear air to run a comp.  Well done to Chris and Bruce, who took it in their stride.

Thanks Joel for calling it on and organising.

• Like 2

ChrisInTheVale

Yup, thanks again Joel for the organisation! Thanks to those that travelled a distance to make it possible to have the comp. We did well to get the 4 rounds in inbetween the clag and the rain. Another learning experience. I now understand crow-through and just how bad I am at recovering from a cut. I'm looking forward to spending some of  the week ahead on holiday practising (no doubt inbetween showers and clag). Looking forward to seeing you and others at woolly backs. Fingers crossed for some great conditions! 😀

20181216_112924.jpg

• Like 5

Skip

Awesome that you got a comp in guys!!!! Sorry I couldn't be there, I was thinking abut you while I was driving through the West Country and then back into torrential Wales!

jwest532

Hi guys

Just a reminder that this Sunday is the Third Wales Winter League.  Please email me at jwest532@aol.com if you plan to attend.  As normal weather call will be made Friday night.

Cheers

Joel

isoaritfirst

Yes Ill be there.

rumbey

Please count me in Joel

• Haha 1

ChrisInTheVale

Me too. Email sent.

jwest532

Hi guys

If its OK with you I'm delaying the call until lunch time tomorrow.  Most forecasts agree it will be a bright clear day however what is running parallel to this is light winds. Hopefully the forecasts will start to agree on wind direction and speed tomorrow to make the call a better one

• Thanks 1

ChrisInTheVale

Cheers Joel. Sensible move. 

jwest532

Hi guys

Forecast remains bright and cold but the wind is light (NE Wrecker). It does however now suggest that it will build throughout the day so I'm calling the comp ON as long as I have enough people willing to travel. Please post below if you are willing to give it a go - we can call it on with a minimum of 6.

Cheers

Joel

Keith_W

I'm in

Keith

• Like 1

Mark P

I'm in

• Like 1

ChrisInTheVale

I'm in.

• Like 1