New plane on it's way

Tony

Funny how at 61 I can get excited! New plane on it's way this week, intend to go direct drive, around 400w as it can take quite a bit of ballast and 08's with 6100's on flaps to keep it cheap, no doubt I'll be asking a few build questions so bare with me when I ask. This is the actual size when built broken down for transport. Tony

Viator pic.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just arrived in a very small box, wallet for sizing, not time to take out the contents yet but will post some pics later. I'm excited now! Edit; Couldn't help myself had a quick peak at the rudder, finish looks very very good. Pics when I get back

1005044181_viator001.thumb.jpg.59efe246bb5068d34ffad99a710a0674.jpg

Just posted this on RCGroups. 

"Ok I've taken a couple of pics, excuse the quality. I haven't a $2000 ship to compare but I do have some , or have owned, top end DLG's. I'd compare the finish to an NXT, all the parts fit-not expected was the brass insert mod Viktor posted above (Refer to the Viator thread) but I have it and it fits perfectly same with the stab. There's a little cracking of the colour on the tips but only on the hinge line. Purely cosmetic, the finish is very good no blushing no delaminating etc. There's some nice touches as well eg there's a lip so you can literally just drop the firewall in and glue, or you could grind it off and fit a metal one, as yet I'm undecided. The main joiner fits perfectly the tip joiners fit but are a tight fit-that's good. Everything is straight and true. The two part fuselage is great such a space saver and a really good design. With radio gear fitted it will still go back in the packaging box if that's what you want to do. I haven't weighed anything yet. Overall am I pleased? A big yes. Bang for buck I don't think you'll find anything better on the market. If I were you and you want a go at F5J I'd say get one now."

Great product Viktor and thank you. I paid for mine just so folks don't think I got it for free

viator 002.jpg

viator 003.jpg

viator 005.jpg

• Committee Member

Nice piece of kit Tony.  

Is this the model with the 'double actuation' of the tailplane and elevator ? Be interesting to see how that works.

Are you are planning to fly  comps next year?

Good luck keep us posted.

Pete

Hi Pete, not sure what you mean re double actuation? It's a conventional set up but all enclosed, you can run the elevator outside to make the connection easier if needed. It's a two piece fuselage just push fit simply connect the two servos. Comps next year yes intend to practise as much as I can, very tempted to order another one before the price goes up. Price wise if anyone is interested contact Viktor direct. I know he's getting a few orders at the minute some from this side of the pond as well.

Pete is referring to the Doroshenko Edge.

A new F5J glider, not yet released.

There is a CAD animation on their Facebook page, hope the link works. Edit: the link opens the Doroshenko Models page, in the 'Edge Part 2' post click the play button (triangle) in the top right image to see the animation.

It's intriguing, it involves two servos, one to move the tailplane and one to move the elevator.

Looking forward to your build.

Cheers

Gary

Edited by Gary B
Linky no worky

Looks like an all moving elevator with a trim tab sorta thingy, no idea why.

Terrible pics again but thought I'd look at the tailplane/rudder, dead easy to put together all self aligning, allen key to finish off to tie them both together. Spare allen key on the list already! Edit: One of the guys on RCGroups as compared the build quality to the Ultima if that helps.

viator 007.jpg

viator 006.jpg

viator 008.jpg

viator 009.jpg

viator 010.jpg