Southern Winter League F3f 2018/19.

Gromit

3 hours ago, Alibabaj said:

I hope to join in but having issues logging in to print my BMFA details

Foiled by technology, probably user keyboard interface 🙂 I’ll try again tonight 

Hi Graeme, you have email 👍

edit ;- All sorted 👍

Stu. 

Evening Gents,

Having studied the various forecasts, I am calling the comp ON 👍.

We presently have a very good entry , this being18 confirmed pilots. 

Please send all further entries to me by 6.00pm Saturday. 

Should you wish to enter on the day, you MUST produce to me printed proof at the pilots briefing of your BMFA insurance for 2019, I am unable to accept your entry without this.

The various forecasts are all looking very similar, this being for little if any rain, and a VERY windy NW,  this being up to 49 mph .

Weather forecast links ;- 

BBC   https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2642730

XC   https://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/mere_wiltshire

Mett office https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gcn6skwhz#?date=2019-01-27

Meet time is 9.00am please. 

Stu, Whitesheet Comp Sec. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, LS8-18 said:

Wish you all a great day. Lot's of pics and vids please 😉 

Thank you Daniel 👍

A very warm welcome awaits you from the Whitesheet RFC for future comps, this yrs English Open perhaps ?

Stu. 

See you all in the morning Guys, a safe trip to All,

With rain having fallen today, remember my earlier post  (of Thursday ) regarding the need for caution / care regarding the pot hole / hollow which will be on your left hand side just over the last  water run off hump near to the top of the byeway.  

Stu. 

SWL F3F Round 4 27 Feb 2019
1 Clayton Landells 1000.0
2 Greg Lewis 992.52
3 Mike Evans 949.73
4 David Woods 947.02
5 Nigel Witchalls 914.7
6 Graeme Mahoney 907.77
7 Mark Passingham 902.08
8 Andy Burgoyne 883.66
9 Ian Falconer 878.5
10 Allen Elliott 797.5
11 Peter Burgess 784.2
12 Graham Hill 758.84
13 Jess Nicholls 718.49
14 Bruce Hudson 703.44
15 Stuart Wallace 445.55
16 John Phillips 196.11
17 Tony Robertson 73.21
18 Tom Dews 0.0

Fastest time: 33.85 by Greg Lewis in round 8

Full details here

SWL-R4-2019.txt

SWLF3F R4 Jan 20019.xls

• Like 4

Well done Clayton, Greg and Mike. I heard conditions were good but also gusting.  A FTD of 33.85 shows it must have been a goodie. 

Annoyed I didn't try make the trip now. Hope you all had a good day.

Woah! I was sure Greg was going to be the winner! Stoked to get my first win! Hopefully lots more to come 😁

Thanks to Stu, Pete, Graeme and Allen for their work in the centre.

I don't think I will ever forget how fast the Precision was going in the second half of the run in rd6. Absolutely insane! It made the 30 at the Crest seem like walking pace.

This'll be a fun write up for my blog! 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Skip said:

Woah! I was sure Greg was going to be the winner! Stoked to get my first win! Hopefully lots more to come 😁

Thanks to Stu, Pete, Graeme and Allen for their work in the centre.

I don't think I will ever forget how fast the Precision was going in the second half of the run in rd6. Absolutely insane! It made the 30 at the Crest seem like walking pace.

This'll be a fun write up for my blog! 

it was certainly travelling mate .................

Bear with me Guys, i'm really struggling at present , I'l post my report asap.

For now though I wish to thank you all so very much for your excellent support of todays comp & for making it such a 'Cracking' day 👍

Stu 

• Like 5

Cracking day Gromit. Hope the neck is not too much trouble for too long.

Congratulations Clayton, you and the Precision are QUICK!

Thanks to everybody for the warm welcome.

First of the Noobies, consistent times with one sub 50 and the Falcon comes home unscathed from some pretty blustery conditions.

I'll put that down as a successful days F3fing, thank you very much.

• Like 4

Firstly, Grommit a huge thank you for grinning and baring it through what was obviously significant pain to run the comp.

Secondly, thank you to the Whitesheet Club for allowing us the use of their hill.

Thirdly, Great flying skill shown by all flyers throughout the whole field. As Andy B says it was a day to tough out. Moments of good lift and moments of being totally out of control. In my case at 50% of the time out of control.

Fourthly, for me it was great to see Dave Woods improving. I have been flying with Dave since the mid 1970's. I have had a number of breaks from flying but Dave has always stuck with it. I started back a few years ago and was disappointed Dave was not motivated to take part in competitive flying. So to see him in 4th place is good news.

Finally, Clayton, lovely flying. Smooth, effortless and no drama. Totally a worthy winner.

• Like 3

Another great day of F3f education. I found the conditions challenging and very variable. Saw some superb flying from several pilots. Well done the winners and the beginners. 

Thanks Stu. 

Took my phone out for four flights but not sure who is flying or why vids are so jerky but here they are anyway. 

• Like 2