Jon_E

Northern Winter League 2018 / 2019

Jon_E

Well our first winter league since last November was enjoyed in blue skies, warm weather and a good breeze on our favourite slope of Levisham.

With a South Westerly, Levisham would never going to be square on, but it does produce some great lift if only for a limited number of legs.
And so the 7 pilots were to discover, with the earlier rounds being more consistent, the lift appeared to be proportional to the wind speed.
However as the day wore on, the link between lift and wind speed appeared to disappear, much to the frustration of the pilots in contention for a podium finish

After  15 hard rounds, the eventual winner was Mike McCracken,  very closely followed by Rich Bago, and Steve Haley a commendable third.
FTD also went to Mike with a 37.53 in R9.  A great result for Mike with some cracking flying between the top pilots.

The full results were :-

image.png.ea99cea7675e7c446be0086b2f3dfe9a.png

Full spreadsheet here :- http://www.nymrsc.org.uk/Assets/docs/WL_R5_Feb19.xls

Bob had an early landing in R7,  which unfortunately excluded him from the rest of the comp
But thanks to him for staying on to man the bases, much to the appreciation of all.
Thanks to everyone for mucking in  to keep the show moving with minimum of delay.

Pleased to hear that Mark R's car problem  was sorted out, but sadly resulted in him and Pengy missing the comp

See you all next time
Jon

• Like 3

Steve Haley

Mike was certainly the worthy winner today with some great flying over 15 rounds in very tricky Levisham conditions.

thanks to John and Mark again for organising another enjoyable winter league event.

Cheers Steve

Peter G

Well done Mike 👍

Disappointed I couldn't make it today but glad you got 15 rounds in.

SilentPilot

Looks like you had a great day!

Shame I was working, the Redshift (Pinkshift!) is still awaiting its competitive maiden with me at the helm :D 

Maria Freeman

did win a round ! 🤪

SilentPilot
26 minutes ago, Maria Freeman said:

did win a round ! 🤪

Congratulations!

The only time I’ve won anything is when I entered the 2m class. Even then I think they were only humouring me because I was the only entrant in the class!!! 

• Like 1

Mike_M

Just back home after a thoroughly enjoyable day. 

Thanks to the Mark, Jon and everybody for keeping the busy wee comp rolling. Im knackered but chuffed! 

• Like 5