Northern Winter League 2018 / 2019

Jon_E

Bob Dickenson

Thankyou Mr Golden B-------. Very kind, please  give me lessons. My inability with computers is because, in 1971 at college, I had my first lectures in Fortran computer  language. It bored me. We had a window at the time which was after the pill had been invented & before they had discovered AIDS. I was having far too much fun  to attend boring lectures. I also considered that this computer idea would never catch on. I may have made a poor decision in hindsight, but it was the right one for me at the time. I  never did catch up with computers.

😁😁😁

• Like 2

A bit of light analysis following Saturday's comp.....

The conditions remained variable throughout the day so out of curiosity I had a quick look at how the comp progressed for individuals. The plot shows the difference in total score between the individuals and whomever was in the lead as the rounds progressed. It looks like we needed around 6 rounds for the positions to start to stabilise, although there is still some swapping of positions after this, with  Mike continuing to close the gap.  As always, you can draw all kinds of conclusions from data.....

WL_R6_Mar19 plot.jpg

• Like 1

I knew we should have stopped at 12!

I was chuffed to have the FS5 going well after scratching my head about what was going wrong the week before. I reduced the snap flap by 1mm, its hard to know whether that made 'all the difference' with so many variables, doesn't seem like much.

A really good comp though, can't argue with the results, well done Mark 👍

• 2 weeks later...

The last WL of the season at Horcum this weekend
Forecast aint looking too good

But you know the score, we will hang on to the very last minute before making the call!

Jon

• Like 1

Well I think waiting any longer for an improvement in the forecast is a little optimistic.
The forecast if absolutely dire, with heavy rain all morning, and guess what?  more rain in the afternoon

I think we can safely say tomorrow is OFF

Still the good news is the Champion of Champions is only a couple of weeks away on the 30 / 31 March at HoH
Looking  forward to great weekend

Jon

• Like 1

Bob Dickenson

Well Jon, I have spent the last two weeks repairing the  Crossfire & the Crossover since our last outing. I have to say that, although I would love to be flying them & showing how good I really am, I am also relieved not to be going out & smacking them to bits again in a hoolie (is that a scottish term?) Good choice, I can go on dreaming of how good I could be.

Bob

• Like 3