Fx-32 = which thumby tranny?

hpihl

Seems that Skip is doing pretty well with the FX-32 👍

• Like 1

Skip

10 hours ago, hpihl said:

Not too bad! 😂

Thanks for all the help you all have given me!

It's lovely not to have to worry about the connection.

I think that for me one of the biggest differences is using the really long sticks! I'm flying sooooo much smoother using the tweaking method!

I have also got rid of any in-flight adjustment (Which the fine tuning was very good at, per flight condition) and just use the pre-programmed butterfly mix without using any made-up mixes.

The transmitter does everything I need it to in it's stock mode.

I'm using the S-FHSS receivers in my F3F planes and had a couple of Fr-Sky FAAST ones from a few years ago, which are in my Wasabi and a new project.

hpihl
2 hours ago, Skip said:

I'm using the S-FHSS receivers in my F3F planes and had a couple of Fr-Sky FAAST ones from a few years ago, which are in my Wasabi and a new project.

Just make sure that your FrSky FASST receivers are LBT compatible if your FX-32 has firmware 1.4 or later. Read more here.

• Like 1

Skip

TX is 1.3 I believe. If I ever splash out on a FASSTest or FASST receiver, I'll upgrade everything then.

It's going to be a looong way off before I decide I NEEEEED telemetry 😊

P.S. why doesn't S-FHSS need to be upgraded?

oipigface
16 hours ago, hpihl said:

His 30.05 on Saturday was great to watch. Lovely big EM turns, accurate and aggressively flown. What a treat!

• Thanks 1

Skip

I was gutted to see you so down John. Didnt know what to say 🤗

hpihl
23 hours ago, Skip said:

TX is 1.3 I believe. If I ever splash out on a FASSTest or FASST receiver, I'll upgrade everything then.

It's going to be a looong way off before I decide I NEEEEED telemetry 😊

P.S. why doesn't S-FHSS need to be upgraded?

Generally you are fine with the 1.3 software, later updates add only few telemetry sensors (for SBUS2 servos and current) and multicopter model type. All FASSTests and FASST as well as S-FHSS receivers (including clones) work also fine with the 1.3 and most telemetry sensors (vario, GPS etc.). In other words there is no real need to upgrade unless you need those telemetry sensors added after 2015.

Since you have a TX originally sold without LBT, you can also downgrade back to the 1.3 if you want to test later updates  . And there is no need nor practical way to update original Futaba FASSTest, FASST and S-FHSS receivers what ever software version (with or without LBT) you have in your TX, only the clones might need a update. And only FASST clones seem to need updates, apparently S-FHSS clones are fine with LBT, I don't know a reason for this.

In practice LBT might cause problems (like slow response or loss of control) at very "noisy" enviroment ie when there is large number of 2.4GHz devices on same time. That's why I have my FX-32 downgraded back to 1.3 for indoor flying. This should be perfectly legal as my TX originally came with 1.0 or 1.1 back in 2014...  IANAL 😇

• Like 1

Skip

Thanks Harri!

😎