Brett82

Jedi Space Lift

Brett82

Got a new addition to the fleet, hopefully get to fly it in some of this year's winter comps. Only just got it set-up so need to maiden and dial it in before I can fly it in anger. Should have it on the course within the next comp or two, ready for next year's summer league.

Jedi wings, shorter Pitbull fus, Fosa lift tails and tail joiner so less V angle. Not sure who got Gregs other plane so you might see two flying around soon. Thanks Greg. 

Here are some pics and a comparison to the Fosa. You can really see that shorter fus and the Fosa nose is much longer before you get to the leading edge. 

20181028_110935.jpg

20181028_111047.jpg

20181028_111124.jpg

• Like 6

Phil.Taylor

Nice one ! - may the force be with you 👽

I also wondered who got the other one - now I know ;)

Phil.

• Like 1

Peter G

Superb model Brett 👍 It will suit your smooth open style well. They don't like turning tight but are really quick and love a good blow 😉

• Like 1

Brett82

Thanks guys, really looking forward to getting her airborne. 

Phil.Taylor

Special delivery at the Space Port today 😊

Phil.

Jedi.thumb.jpg.d81d77bcca9081604ddc14e2ed5b3eeb.jpg

• Like 2

Brett82
17 minutes ago, Phil.Taylor said:

Special delivery at the Space Port today 😊

Phil.

Jedi.thumb.jpg.d81d77bcca9081604ddc14e2ed5b3eeb.jpg

Very nice Phil.

Phil.Taylor

The Jedi Force is strong

Phil.

Jedi_1.thumb.jpg.0eb700f3598e251a2df0441edf48f6b5.jpgJedi_2.thumb.jpg.087c04679239dc6ad362ee16a449485a.jpg

• Like 2

Brett82

Looks damn good Phil. That really "pops out" on the orange. 

I wanted to do something on mine to try make the wings really stand out in the air but I know I will just mess it up. 

I feel a phone call to Les might be in order... haha.

Phil.Taylor

Thanks Brett

Protrim/Orastick is good stuff for adding trim/contrast. Can be repositioned if you don't quite get it right - or floated on wet. 

Phil.

• Like 1

Phil.Taylor

Maiden flight today - 🙂

Managed to get a couple of hours off from family stuff - shame I couldn't get over to Wales for a day of F3F. Beer Head Cliffs - east cliff - nice steady 30mph but very crossed & very grey. Loaded up 1kg of tungsten & chucked it off the cliff - off it went ! - few clicks of down trim to get it moving - and wow does it move - its an absolute animal ! CofG set at 105mm, pretty neutral - 5mm elevator for first flight - too much, bit flicky - toned it down to 4-and-a-bit for the next flight - really nice.

Initial impressions - very fast plane, but doesn't bounce out of the turns like the Freestyler 5 - as others have said it seems to prefer a wider faster turn style.

Its orange - but orange & the added white stripe worked really well for visibility in dull grey conditions.

Might get to like this one :yes:

Phil.

Jedi_Beer.thumb.jpg.72528679d5dab1c50d84af6e515f7d70.jpg

• Like 1

Phil.Taylor

and I made up a gadget/gizmo to keep the fus ballast in place - don't know why Baudis don't supply these - 3D printed would be easy.

Phil.

Jedi_plug.thumb.jpg.9128d267ab652e3b015fb7982222707a.jpgJedi_plug_1.thumb.jpg.f914e9c82ff5c5ea5f410b88ceaaf510.jpgJedi_plug_2.thumb.jpg.39fbf8a4c2e4ac041e37f2c8270495cb.jpg

• Like 2

isoaritfirst

No need for the tape Phil. 

I used a hard foam block, backed with a piece of epoxy board. Hard foam holds itself in place then epoxy board is an Interference fit against inside of nose cone. Nose cone holds everything in place, wrap of tape around the nose cone as per normal reinforced all. 

Niklaus

Hi Phil,

with my JEDI I did it similar to your approach (by a special position holder block), but included already the small 2.3 mm GFK plate with a clear step in direction the brass weights, see picture below.

In my JEDI lift, I waived the special block, but fixed a small  wooden plate in addition into the cone direct above the brass to keep the brass up and behind the clear step.  It keeps the brass in position during a bang landing.

Remark for the picture: It shows my JEDI lift, but there is only one brass loaded and it is shifted a little bit in backward direction to show the clear step. For normal operation the  first brass and 2.3 mm GFK plate touch.

Have fun with your wonderful glider, Niklaus

DSCF5431.thumb.JPG.9af82637c6a265016f0af7908c05d7e0.JPG

• Thanks 1