Hello to all from North Wales

Stormeflyer

After more than a 10 year sabbatical, I’ve had the calling to return to the big rock! and hear the skylarks again. I’ve still got a Viking, 2mtr Blade, Baudis Banana combo, Gulp & GulpSR, Halfpipe and other foamie combat stuff. It would be lovely to meet up with some of the old and new faces again, and hopefully the Leek & Moorland group who always brought a fleet of fast models.........Doh!

I fly mode 1, I know it’s my age and must admit I’m rather lost as to all the new 2.4Hz equipment and satellite receiver malarkey. I’ve still got my trusty JR 3810. I’ve been reading lots of the posts trying to update the old cogs, looking forward to those South Westerly Winds once more and all the banter or should I say sarcasm! 🤔

• Like 1

Hello Skip

Thank you for your welcome, funny enough I was just reading one of your posts about failing batteries. I had previously thought it was just going to be a case of buying myself some new Eneloops or Instant AA’s. Oh have I got a lot to learn!

Its a cracking slope with endless lift in the right conditions at least it was the last time I flew there ha!

• Like 1

Hello,

I too am back on the slopes after a 20 year break! I have been flying power during that time though but the call of the slopes was too strong

Made my first visit to the Orme a couple of weeks ago with some ageing models but had a fantastic time, will definitely be back again with something a bit more modern

Took a drive up to Rushup edge yesterday and bumped into a couple of my old flying buddies flying DS - first time I've seen if for real, absolutely amazing 

Dean

• Like 1

Hello Dean

I look forward to meeting you up the Orme sometime, it would be nice to gleen some information on equipment used and set-ups. 

Cheers