Dave Elam

Skorpion

Dave Elam

Through my wanted advert on here I was kindly offered a Skorpion by Brett Larrett and it didn't take me long to accept it. I had a Skorpion many years ago but it unfortunately had too short a life coming to grief at the Bwlch.  I really felt bad about losing that model and I always thought it was a case of unfinished business and always fancied another at some point.

This Skorp originally belonged to Mike Shellim and I remember him competing at various F3F comps many years ago. Never did I think that one day it would be mine!

While in pretty good condition age has inevitably had an effect on its appearance and there were a couple of areas of tip damage which I decided to spend a bit of time on and finish to a good standard.

Those tips needed some filling, rubbing down and then painting and I then added the stripes (which help to disguise some of the imperfections) with Solartrim. Finishing touches were my old F3F logo and a Skorpion which was incredibly fiddly to cut out and stick down!

Next stage is to sort out the radio. My trusty old DSX11 is sadly no longer 'trusty' so I'm seriously considering going down the Frsky route with an X10S. Once I get that I can then set up the model and get it up in the air. Hopefully next year I'll get to a comp or two and have a race.

Thanks again to Brett for letting me have the model.

Skorpion a.JPG

Skorpion b.JPG

Skorpion c.JPG

Skorpion d.JPG

• Like 5

Brett82

Looks really good mate and no need to thank me, I needed to offset the cost of the Jedi SL. LOL.

It looks fantastic, that's a really nice job you have done on it.

pete beadle

Hi Brett

Don't forget to update your list of models on your footer!:):thumbsup::yes:

Onwards and upwards!

Pete

BARCS1702

Brett82
18 minutes ago, pete beadle said:

Hi Brett

Don't forget to update your list of models on your footer!:):thumbsup::yes:

Onwards and upwards!

Pete

BARCS1702

Still got one Skorpion, just need to add the Jedi SL. Thanks Pete, had forgotten about that.