Sign in to follow this  
oipigface

Contacting Thuro

oipigface

Has anyone been in touch with Thuro recently by email? Mine keep getting bounced back as undeliverable.

Dave Elam

Just sent you a PM.

oipigface

Thanks, Dave.

Scram

Is/was Thuro the builder of the Wizard Compact?

If so, is he doing any more?

Andy_B

wasnt Espen the Wizard man ...........although who knows the builder really was 

Frosty

I’ve tried to track him down myself to see if he would do me a wizard compact with no success 

satinet

I don't think it was Thuro that made the wizard. In fact he didn't "make" the skorpion himself i think. The skorp was made by RTG model of Extreme/Rotmilan fame. If you've had an extreme and a skorp you will know then two models are made in a very similar way. IIRC Thuro himself put a post on here a while back saying he couldn't make any more original Skorpions because RTG has the moulds and they've fallen out.

The stratair site had wizard compacts on a while back, but they don't seem to be one there. Speaking of stratair, you are supposed to go through them to get a skorpion needle now. E.g N100. I have a feeling that it's radek munzar that makes them, but that's only a vague memory.

Espen didn't make the race m himself. Years ago he very kindly got me a new fuse for mine and it definitely wasn't him that made it as he told me about where it came from, which I can't recall at the moment, but it was certainly a 3rd party.  As I recall the Race m started as a project in sweden and developed over the years to the Race Mx, which people also flew in F3b.  http://www.etair.no/racem1.html

Stratair page with Wiz Comp

http://www.stratair.com/Produktdetail.aspx?ArtId=1499 (no longer available?)

• Like 1

Frosty
4 hours ago, Scram said:

If that is still for sale, it is not the original Compact.  The original has an oval section fuselage, that one has flat sides - by the looks.

Espens email informed me that Milan Janek has the moulds for the compact wizard  ( bad news)  he doesn’t have a website and doesn’t speak English 

oipigface

This thread seems to have developed in an unexpected way. My original query arose because 4 months ago I had an exchange of emails with a man called Arthur Frenslich (thuromail@thuro.at). In response to a series of questions from him, I specified what spares I was looking for, colours and layups, and so on. At the end of this, I asked when the parts may be ready, but there was no reply. A couple of weeks ago, I emailed him again and asked how the order was coming along, and I haven’t had a reply to that either.

It may be that there is some kind of problem (illness has been suggested), or it may simply be that Arthur doesn’t appreciate being harrassed and the parts are coming along perfectly all right and I need to be a bit more patient.

On the question of Wizards and RaceM’s, I recently asked Espen if he could get me a tailplane for my RaceM. It took a while and wasn’t very cheap, but it’s nicely made, by whoever it is makes them. Perhaps people who are looking for spares for either of these models should try approaching Espen directly. 

To those of you who have contacted me with suggestions and information: Many thanks!

oipigface
5 hours ago, Scram said:

If that is still for sale, it is not the original Compact.  The original has an oval section fuselage, that one has flat sides - by the looks.

It doesn’t look to me as if it is even pretending to be a Wizard Compact. It’s more Roy Wood than Gandalph.

• Haha 1

Scram

Sorry John.  Not being familiar with who makes what I had heard the name Thuro and though I had heard it in connection with the Wiz.  Apologies for "hijacking" your thread  :flowers: