Richardc

Telemetry Receiver for DLG

Richardc

Now that winter testing is fully underway, I can see the benefit of a telemetry receiver in gauging practice launch heights.

I recall at last April's try it day at Buckminster that someone was using a Lemon telemetry receiver. I assume it was a Lemon LM0051.

Question is will it work safely on a single Lipo? 3.7v-4.02v.

Literature for an LM0051 suggests not - 4.5v min. I currently use a Lemon RX6 which runs fine for over an hour on a 1s lipo. 

satinet

question is which type of transmitter do you use.

Richardc

Spectrum DX9 transmitter  

SilentPilot

I was on the Beta test team for a lot of the LemonRx receivers and have got to know them and their limits pretty well.
The LM0052 is better than the 51 because the 51 had no barometer, so no Altimeter or Vario, the 52 does have a barometer so has the added functions. 

I do have it in quite a few of my gliders now including my Vibe 2, but you are correct, you cannot use a 1S LiPo to power it. I use either a 5v regulator with a 2S pack (not really suitable for DLG but great for Slope gliders) or a 5v booster with a 1S cell. Boosters though do shorten the available flight time. This and the fact I struggled to fit a booster in the Vibe means I'm currently running a small 4.8v NiMH which does the job nicely. Yes it's only rated to 4.8 volts but it of course charges higher and so works well :) 

Tony

Richardc

Well spotted Tony, I realised I quoted the wrong lemon receiver number after posting!

You obviously know your stuff. Your response has been corroborated by Lemon HQ via a helpful eBay seller.

I think I may try to accommodate a 2s lipo just for training, then revert to 1s and the 6RX for competitions. I also fly a Vibe 2, and its very tight inside!

I just need to convince myself that my KST08H servos are rated to 8.4v.

Richard 

• Like 1

SilentPilot

Would you be able to keep the same CG with both setups?

No idea with regards to the servos! Inline resistor for peace of mind???

Tony

Richardc

CG will move forwards. OK for launch training which is the main aim. I normally fly with an aft CG anyway. I cannot use the altimeter for competitions so ill revert back to the 1s 6RX setup for comps.

Finished testing all the components and nothings caught fire, so all should go well.

Now I need a thin 2s lipo!

Richard.

• Haha 1