stewartg

New Spektrum receivers

stewartg

Anyone tried the new four or six channel aerial-less (internet aerial) receivers any good?

thanks S

SilentPilot

I’ve got one of each to try out.

The only thing I don’t like is the telemetry they have is only “short range”, though they say ~600’ as opposed to the AR636 which is ~200’, so it might be ok on the slopes but hopeless for Thermal flights. At least with the 636 you can add a TM1000 if practical to use long range telemetry over 200’. This slightly longer range setup might hinder that...

I’ve emailed and asked on RCGroups if Spektrum will be making antenna-less Remote Recievers (aka Satellites) but received no answer. That would be a very nice piece of kit. No more wires to worry about, just stick one in the tailcone. So that’s what I’ll be needing next... 2.4 friendly noses and now tails!

Tony 

SilentPilot

I managed to fit an uncased AR410 in my Vibe2. 
It was one heck of a challenge but went in eventually. 

Flight tests to follow :) 

SilentPilot

Not a flight test but I’ve done a range check with my AR410 equipped Vibe2.

Results are inconclusive. I’m in discussions on RCGroups regarding how conclusive my results were. I had a lot (1500+) Fades but no Holds unless I deliberately sabotaged the Rf link.

I must say that this test was conducted in a very busy Rf environment, namely right next to an international airport, in the ILS beam. I wouldn’t have been surprised if it failed outright. The fact that it held its link at all is very promising!

Further tests to follow, including a flight test if the CG is within limits :) 

Tony