Bernie Jones

GPS Triangle Training weekend 29/30th June 2019

Bernie Jones

I am hoping that John Greenfield will be able to run a GPS Triangle training weekend and light competition on the weekend of 29 / 30th June 2019 at Baldock, Hertfordshire.  but we do need some idea of the interest,  as the NLMFC will need to clear the weekend  for the event. 
The format of the weekend is to promote GPS Triangle flying and all are welcome. Loan GPS kit will be available to anyone who would like a try. All you need is your favourite self launch sport glider that is big enough to see flying around the course. Anything over 3m will be fine but smaller models could be used.
For those who already have the kit, this is an ideal opportunity to develop your skills with experienced GPS flyers on hand to assist.
Camping on the site will be available all weekend. There are proper flush toilets and water on site and food will be available during the day.
Please respond to this post if you are interested in this event as we need to have an idea of numbers so we can make it work, updates will be provided here as we get any news.

Some may ask why is this here on the BARCs site - well because its Silent flight - you will need a self launch model 3 meters or more (smaller is OK as long as your eyesight is better than mine) Its a fun weekend and a chance to see yet another side to our love of Glider flying and thermal hunting.

For further detail please comment on this topic and I will keep an eye and update as required

Cheers . Bernie

• Like 1

Bernie Jones

No one interested, we are also hoping to get Andrey fro RC electronics to come over and do a couple of workshops on the equipment and looking into some smaller equipment so F5J type models could do 200meter triangles

PeteMitchell

I am interested Bernie. 

Please keep us posted.

Harry Peberdy

Hi Bernie I would like to find out more about equipment for f5j triangle

Regards

Harry.

Bernie Jones

Glad to see someones there 🙂 I will keep you posted as best I can, the flying of a triangle for 30 mins is a great way to improve your flying, loan sets will be available for the training/workshop weekend, with full instruction and help to have a go.

• Like 1

simon_t

Thanks for your support Bernie.  I hope I can make it there.  I will also see if Bob Ryan will go, as he was interested and has a Baudis Skywalker

Simon

Slope Soaring Sussex

Hi Bernie

I have put a post up on our blog.

There are a few of us who have powered gliders and it might create some interest.

Cheers

Paul

https://slopesoaringsussex.blogspot.com/

Bernie Jones

Thats more like it, there is a committee meeting next week, and a few numbers will help, more info as I have it

Bernie

oipigface

I can’t commit to anything at the moment, because I don’t know what my F3F schedule is. I’d like to have a go with my e-Rotmilan, if it turns out to be a feasible date.

oipigface

Bernie, Is this still going ahead?

Bernie Jones

We are certainly doing this  GPS weekend more details as soon as i have them 

oipigface

Any chance of a change of date? The weekend proposed is also date of the North of England F3F Eurotour and World Cup event.