1st F3K 14-day Duration Challenge 2019

tonym

Tony B said

Tony B - F3K - Nxt - 2:51 - 20th Jan

I'd like to start the 2019 F3K Duration Challenge.

Bright sunshine and calm at Melton.
Glad I was out early, as by the time I finished there was a complete, thick medium level,  cloud layer.
The 2mins 51 secs was at 10:50,  with the sun just disappearing.  After that the air went dead......

Tony

and Simon J said

Well done Tony for starting things off.  I had planned to go out this afternoon and saw your time before I went so knew what the target was.  The sun was frustratingly behind cloud, whereas not too far to the North and East it was clear.  The air was not bad though with some very gentle lift.  Best flight after 20 mins was a 4.20 - all less than launch height.  Shortly afterwards I found a small packet of 'proper' lift and worked my way up to around 400ft.  Once I lost that it was a case of minimising sink and I finished with a 10.04 as the best flight of the day.  After that things got colder and deteriorated.  So:-

Simon Jones, F3K, 10mins 4 secs, 20.01.19

1stf3k2019.png

This is a for fun challenge, anyone with a hand-launch glider that conforms to the F3K (up to 1.5m) or Mosquito (less than 1m) class can post a time.
Object: Fly your F3K or Mosquito class hand launch glider for as long as possible from a flat field, the person who's time is unbeaten for 14 days 'wins' and a new challenge starts.

Rules: Fly safely. No slope soaring.

Post your times as follows:-.
Pilot Name, F3K or Mosquito class, model name, length of flight minutes and seconds, plus date of flight. (Please do the posting within 48 hours of the flight)

Previous challenges since 2012 can be seen at f3k.uk and here at BARCS

• 3 weeks later...

Went out for my first session of the year today.  A little cold, but nice and calm with light lift. Did a bunch of 3mins, some 5-7mins and finished with a 10:47.  It was really nice to get out and fly again!

F3k - Stream NXT

10:47