UK F3K Eurotour & World Cup 2019

tonym

I'll certainly go for more of them sausages again and a burger or two thanks Tony, see you next weekend.

So I'm still waiting for the BMFA to transfer the info across to the FAI but I'm assured by Julie in the office that someone will do the necessary tomorrow.

I've made the payment just now so I'll be there.

I'm planning to arrive Friday evening since a work trip into the Reading office means I'll be halfway there. I've seen the map of the site above, is there anything else I need to know if arriving in the dark on Friday night?

I'll put signs up on Friday afternoon Paul, including an arrow indicating left through the fence a few meters in to the field. I don't think there are any big holes to avoid, just be careful, even stop and get out if necessary to check in your headlights. The land owner put some concrete blocks in the entrance to try and stop fly tippers, concrete blocks look like they've been fly tipped! Just watch out for the blocks as you go in the field.

I think someone else said they'd be arriving Friday night so you might have company when you get there. If not then pitch your tent/park your van somewhere by the green Oasis cabin, you can't miss it if you follow my field map.

Neil Harrison

I know Chalster is going Friday and so am I, see you there

The FAI World Cup Medal arrived today courtesy of Friedmar Richter the World Cup coordinator.

fai-world-cup-medal.jpg.97827ca2d535b0086ac2954abcd134f9.jpg

• Like 3

Marin Mitev

I won't be able to attend this event unfortunately. Have fun and I will see you next time.

• Sad 2

Sorry you can't come Marin, see you next time.

Anyone with a decent second hand DLG for sale might make a sale to one of my fellow Ipswich Model Club members. So if you have something bring it along.

I could only help with a left handed model!

BTW: FAI site still doesn’t recognise me, but the BMFA have checked that my details are correct. Got the blue book so a s long as that’s acceptable then not a problem. Maybe the FAI site database takes longer to be updated.

David Phipps has to manually upload the details and refresh the FAI database.    When they did it for me,  they put my wrong email address in and took nearly a week to resolve.

If you put your email address in here.   It will confirm your email is correct and or license not yet updated.

http://old.fai.org/about-fai/fai-sporting-licences

Just keep badgering Julie @ the BMFA office to get them uploaded.

@Tony : is your friend looking for something to build or ready to fly?

Paul Gleeson

what3words is also a great way to easily locate an exact location

The entrance to the field is (someone please check)

costly.copying.reclaimed

There is an app for phones that will hand off the location to google or apple maps and Waze.

Paul

We've had around 40mm of rain over the last few days so the field is a bit wet. I got my 2 ton LEAF on and off OK yesterday, and hopefully will again later today, but just be careful when driving on the field.

Bring wellies or waterproof shoes and maybe a spare pair too.

Weather looking OK, we will get a mix of weather to make for an interesting competition.

I'll see some of you later and everyone tomorrow.
Tony

Just come back from the field. Lorry and Simon flying when I got there. Neil P arrived while Lorry and I were flying and Simon was setting up his camp.

The competition will be 2 slots per round so we'll be having breaks for charging, etc. after every 2 rounds.
Saturday will go something like this:
Pilot's briefing 10am, round 1 at 10:15, then round 2. Stop for elevenses.
11:30ish rounds 3 & 4. Stop for lunch.
1:30ish rounds 5 & 6. Stop for afternoon tea and either a siesta or watch my sister and friends play polo.
3:30ish rounds 7 & 8 then decide if we've done enough for the day.
Following the end of competitive flying on will come the cabaret and dancing girls, free flying whatever you want that isn't too noisy, then BBQ and beers round the fire.

We might have to dodge some rain showers so times subject to change.

I meant to put the frame of the marquee up but forgot! If people could get that set up before I arrive that would be brilliant. Poles are red-to-red, blue-to-blue, green-to-green, etc. 4 bays I think. Its a big puzzle for you :)

Here you go Mike, I had just finished checking for any errors (one small one).

Dodging showers all day, no slot got interrupted though one only just ended before a another downpour.

Scores after 7 rounds:
halftime.thumb.png.11917d4d275bac49cdfd4ff9069a6848.png