UK F3K Eurotour & World Cup 2019

tonym

Very disappointing entry so far.  Where is everyone????

Gianmaria, I am sorry you are not coming. Would have been good to see you again.

Not to worry Gianmaria, without the Dutch and Belgian pilots we struggle to get good numbers. Hopefully next time we can get a reasonable number of pilots together for the competition.

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the FAI document info. Filling it out and posting it tomorrow. Hopefully it will go through in time!

As a result, please tentatively add me to the list. Will defer payment for the comp ‘till the FAI comes through if that’s OK.

Neil Pritchett.

Oh no Richard! Who'll do the drone vid now!? :(

Really sorry we won't see you this year Richard, I'll seriously miss you too Hayley.

There is a new roundabout being put in at the Great Bromley junction so there's a diversion to the next (Little Bentley) junction, just follow the diversion signs. I'll put some signs up, not sure I'll risk life and limb to put one out on the main road though. Below are a couple of maps, one showing the position we set up on the field for the new comers. We always drive on the obvious tracks or the edges of the field.

roadmap.thumb.png.3b3856ed7e5464fdd14ceaf620090694.png

fieldmap.thumb.png.e168f5a8b33961e314e1a561ce80fb50.png

• Like 2

Its BBQ time!

The gas BBQ I borrow from the Ipswich Model Club requires me to drive 25 miles to collect and take back. I can get a barrel charcoal/wood BBQ from a friend locally. Is a charcoal BBQ too much trouble? Or would people be happy to get it going and prefer to cook over coals anyway? I can bring a gas cooker for onions or whatever in a pan.

I need to arrange the BBQ food so need to know how much meat, etc to get. Please let me know a) if you DON'T want BBQ food or b) you DO want BBQ food and if you're wife/gf/partner does too.

Meat from Becky's Butchers as last year - product range in this PDF      - any special requests? or I'll just get a selection of burgers, sausages, etc., along with the usual accompaniments.

No. of people for BBQ = 8

I’m in for meat on the BBQ. Just me. 

Ive also received my blue book this morning. I presume my FAI number should be in the space on the first page. It’s currently blank so I’ll need to query that on Tuesday. 

Thanks Paul

Your FAI details can be found on this web page - once the BMFA has sent your details to them anyway - http://old.fai.org/about-fai/fai-sporting-licences

The FAI give you two numbers(!), a license no. and an FAI ID no. The license no, is often your BMFA no. with GBR in front, it is the ID number I use for the comp. entries.

Neil Harrison

Can’t beat proper BBQ so I’m well up for that!

We still going to have a bonfire 🔥 

Neil Harrison

Long term forecast looking good although a little breezy but still flyable 😉

407A132B-9BCF-4991-8B22-DE4070C9910D.png

Tony - stick me down please (David P).    I've also got the Little Bentley Euro tour trophy to bring with me from Germany - which is obviously up for grabs.

thumbnail_IMG_0528.thumb.jpg.d73c970c330d4f9c3f669bb28e67a727.jpg

It's a shame we are down on numbers this year.   This event is always excellent and deserves at least double the entries.

Yes please for the BBQ.    I'd prefer gas as gives more flexibility, quicker and allows for re-heating of food on the Sunday.  With a small group and lack of Mr and Mrs Biesmans - I'm all for simplicity.