UK F3K Eurotour & World Cup 2019

tonym

Final score. Well done to David - cirrusRC - consistent flying with fewer errors or problems wins the weekend. The Mikes suffered from errors or problems that ultimately did for their challenge - it was a very closely fought competition. I'll post the round scores once I've recovered a bit.

result.thumb.png.316e1474af73c907f35c19b689a8ea71.png

Thanks Tony - what a great contest.  Huge range of conditions and some superb flying from everybody at least some of the time and from the winners most of the time.

Marin Mitev

Congratulations to David for his win. Well done :) I had to be there but I am a bit short of models now. By the way does anybody have a NXT wing for sale?

thechalster

Thanks Tony, his sister (sorry I don’t temper her names ) and Mike F for bring the equipment and helping out.

Congratulations to David on the win.  Good to see Mike S launching win his right arm again and back to his fighting for the win ways.  

Mike  C

Neil Harrison

A well run relaxed competitive weekend....

Thank you Tony for a great job off CD, thank you Louise for the amazing BBQ and Gin!

Many congratulations David for keeping consistency over the challenging conditions on Saturday as well as the perfect weather on Sunday.

love to all

A bit off-topic but to the gent who bought the used Bonus model at the weekend:

You asked about CG.  I have used 59 to 63 mm behind the leading edge at various times.  If you are in that range, try it and see how it feels.  You may want to move it from there to suit your liking.

Thanks to all for a really enjoyable weekend (soggy feet excepted).

I'm looking forward to getting the full scores/timings so I can complete my full "what if" analysis...

• Haha 1

Thanks Tony and all involved for another cracking weekend.   Really enjoy the 2 day format.

The excellent BBQ after a soggy Saturday was very much appreciated, as to was Neil's awesome fire.     Big thanks to those who helped fix my momentary switch and keep me flying on Saturday!

small.jpg.1137f0738ff27cfa82b9d91cb7428701.jpg

😀

• Like 2

14 hours ago, mikef said:

A bit off-topic but to the gent who bought the used Bonus model at the weekend:

You asked about CG.  I have used 59 to 63 mm behind the leading edge at various times.  If you are in that range, try it and see how it feels.  You may want to move it from there to suit your liking.

mikef, I am the guy that bought the Bonus DLG from  Simon Barker at the weekend. Many thanks for taking the time to post the CG info. It is much appreciated. Looking forward to giving it a go!

NeilJ

10 hours ago, Paul Gleeson said:

Paul

I think you would have joined the 10,000 club.

I think so too, but depending on Mike's winning time, it could have moved some other scores too. Gavin might have moved in front of Mike for third, Carlos might drop closer to 8th - although I don't think that could result in a position change due to the other 5min flight then becoming his drop round - so a max of 24 points less.

But then as Mike said, if he'd known someone had flown 5 already then he might have changed his approach.... Hmm. The possibilities are endless....

If I could launch twice as high as I can and if I had better fast turnarounds, I could have just won.

....oh and if I had entered...

Remember, you all beat all the people like me who didn't fly...

I've mislaid the score cards for rounds 11, 12 & 13. I also didn't save the scoring program file after producing the results. I then let the laptop run out of battery and all the scores disappeared! I was able to send the Eurotour and World Cup league coordinators the final results as I had the printouts and screen grabs. I've re-entered rounds 1 to 10 and will do rounds 11 to 13 if I find the score cards. I've still to look in the bin bags and unfold the marquee roof to see if they have somehow got in either. @mikef - you haven't found them in the PA boxes I suppose?

Anyway, rounds 1 to 5

r1.png.35ca1a49a559486589736f7f9571a935.png

r2.png.400776981291b6a854a9d0aa2122bd2d.png

r3.thumb.png.e194efa3499830e1349f02c5e4a8d422.png

r4.thumb.png.9c14d4c277b4c820dfd4e763dab934a1.png

r5.png.51a4e0b77428b9878e734dfa038dc926.png

1 hour ago, tonym said:

...if I find the score cards. I've still to look in the bin bags and unfold the marquee roof to see if they have somehow got in either. @mikef - you haven't found them in the PA boxes I suppose?

No - just looked to check - sorry.