Come and try DLG Easter Weekend Sat Sun 20-21 APR

mikef

Awesome day, thanks to all who had a hand in putting this on, Vincent for making it look easy and Shady for being the coolest dude.

Most where off flying towards the end of the day so I didn't get to say goodbye to many but see you all next weekend (he says!) 

Big thanks to everyone behind another fantastic "come and try", Great to see everyone, lets hope the weather is as kind for the season opener next weekend.

Neil Harrison

Shady is the man, I’m sure he videoed the entire weekend 😂

I have asked him for a loaded USB stick.

• Like 1

What a great weekend! Thanks to MikeF for arranging.   Thanks to Vincent and shady for coming and Neil for bringing him over  

I really enjoyed helping the newer flyers.  There were two guys that I spent a fair bit of time with and in both cases the setups were quite a ways off where they should be. They required some fairly major adjustments in cg and launch and flap settings.   I would suggest this is something we spend some time having a look at on an individual basis. It can make a world of difference!

• Like 2

I did bring my camera but I was too busy basking in the sun, taking all the flying in and left without grabbing any pics. Was a brilliant weekend, gutted I didn't have plane or stayed for both days. Hopefully next year same weather same good times. 

• Like 1

Justin Mellor

I also want to say thanks to all that organised the event and those who helped the newcomers like me.

I was only there on the Saturday - really enjoyed it and benefitted from the advice. It has encouraged me to persevere with DLG.

Working on the half throws that we did with Vincent seems like a really good idea. I've got to learn the short snappy movement (I think that years of cycling has developed a different, slower kind of muscle memory).

Justin 

Paul Gleeson
7 hours ago, Neil Harrison said:

The reply here from Rollo is amazing 😂😂😂

58379E45-590B-430E-8E83-E96AAADF80AA.png

If only I was 1% as cool as he is 🙂

Great event, great weather. thanks to everyone.....

Squirrelnet

Hi all

My first post here but just wanted to say what a great event the come and try event was. Thanks for organising Mike

Having the world champion tell me my launching was crap was the highlight of my DLG career and as a result it got much better. Thanks to Vincent for a very enjoyable and very informative day, I leave a better DLG flyer than when I arrived.

I could only make the saturday but to be honest I think the DLG part of my brain was pretty much full after that anyway, it'll take me while to try and practice the theory I have learnt

Here's a few pics of the day..

and there's a short video here which includes Vincent's demonstration of looking for lift in which he slope soars off the BMFA shed roof   BARCS F3K 'Come And Try' Event 2019 - a DLG clinic with Vincent Merlijn

Chris  (the guy with the orange Blaster)

IMG_7347.JPG

IMG_7351.JPG

IMG_7353.JPG

1 hour ago, MikeDLG said:

Anyone interested in the neat little charger Shady had, it appears that Robotbirds has some - https://www.robotbirds.co.uk/default/isdt-sc-608-150w-8-amp-mini-smart-lcd-battery-balance-charger.html

There are quite a few of us in the white sheet club that use them at the slope. They are great. 👍

Mike. 

Boom broke at the point the elevator pull string exits .

Launched and only had elevator control. As I instinctively pulled the brakes near the ground, it nosed in due to no brakes but working elevator compensation.

Repair thread coming soon as I have some questions...

483ECDF7-9A73-42C2-88D3-2A32D6212264.jpeg

Everything was working immediately prior to changing the battery. 

New battery went in and it seems that things didn’t initialise properly. It seemed fine after turning it off and on again.

This was completely separate to the intermittent servo issue in my Vibe which I think I have traced to some dry solder joints  on the receiver which I’m assuming were caused by my attempts to connect power wires to the pins.

Marin Mitev

Don't worry to much. I have decided that I am far away from the wind indicator pole that was at the bottom end of the field and I decided that will do that last turn in front of the pole. The result is a damaged wing and fuse but she will fly again. We have to do some repairs from time to time cause otherwise we'll forget what a resin is :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1