mikef

Come and try DLG Easter Weekend Sat Sun 20-21 APR

CTR

Looking forward to being there. Hope to make both days, but definitely the Saturday.

Neil P

Falcon37

I’m planning to come along too! Complete newbie so very interested to find out more! Will look at camping over night!

Falcon37

Is the event on the Buckminster website calendar? I can’t seem to see it?

mikef

Neither can I.  I'll get that fixed.

Wayne young

Hi guys i am very new to dlg, I have just ordered the flipper from hyper flight. I’m hoping to make the Easter weekend to learn the lot. 

mikef
On 07/03/2019 at 23:16, Falcon37 said:

Is the event on the Buckminster website calendar? I can’t seem to see it?

It's there now - thanks to Manny Williamson.

MikeDLG
On 10/03/2019 at 19:34, Wayne young said:

Hi guys i am very new to dlg, I have just ordered the flipper from hyper flight. I’m hoping to make the Easter weekend to learn the lot. 

You’ll be very welcome. 

Wayne young
On 26/02/2019 at 16:21, CTR said:

Looking forward to being there. Hope to make both days, but definitely the Saturday.

Neil P

Guys my glider has just arrived, looking on the web for a decent build thread any suggestions as I can’t seem to find one for the flipper.  Also I see from a picture the elevator is on the top but in other pictures it is on the bottom, is there a reason for this? And lastly do you suggest to mount the elevator and rudder push rods on the outside of the fuss so you can put supports down the fuss?

mikef

More info on Vincent's clinic and the BMFA poster...   The link at the bottom of the poster brings you to this thread!

1873429392_VMComeandtrey.thumb.JPG.b89aac63ccd2ae142daf3286638a74fe.JPGPoster.thumb.jpg.9c930ea6e143b91c74f47f6bf0b9104a.jpg

• Like 2

Neil Harrison

So for everyone attending this event I wanted to let you know that Vincent Merlijn will be arriving about 9.00am on the Saturday and departing about 2.00pm on the Sunday, he will be around on the Saturday evening as we will be camping on site.  😉

Jonathan Gough

Are there any timings for the lessons. Maybe over for the weekend but just looking at the wind will it have an effect on flying?

mikef

Jonathan,

We're working on a programme - I'll get something up here later in the week - but it has to be flexible and it's weather dependant as you say.  Weather, particularly wind strength, is going to determine how much we can achieve outside..  We can fly in winds up to 20 mph or more but it's more difficult trying to teach anything to new flyers In a howling gale.  You don't want to be doing your first launches in poor conditions.  However, the use of ballast can be demonstrated!

There'll be a mix of indoor/outdoor sessions with Vincent Merlijn, the current World DLG Champion, and some sit-down presentations and panel discussions.

I also aim to have a constant presence indoors where you can check in on arrival or drop-in anytime for a cuppa and chat or ask any detailed questions - I have a set of brief presentations that might help and there will be models around we can look at - or we can put the question to a panel discussion later in the day.  This is a good opportunity to discuss hardware problems and radio programming - we may have an expert on site who uses the same TX.    We can demonstrate a top-drive set-up, discuss setting up control runs, crimping connectors, etc, etc, etc.

Staying overnight will be an advantage as the focus is bound to shift indoors when the lift fades and the sun goes down.  Bring refreshments.

Wayne young

Is there facilities to make coffee or boil water? The weather looks good at the moment so really looking forward to the Saturday. 

mikef

There's a kitchen with a kettle in the facilities building where you can get milk, tea and coffee by putting some cash in an 'honesty box'.  There's also a large indoor space to meet in and, indoor toilets.

Edit:  There's a fridge and a microwave oven in the kitchen too.

Neil Harrison

I also have another one joining us for this event, Shady Liu from Team China. 😋

Petri Nygren

Hi, will join with my old Aspirin

Mark Evans

Is it possible to pay on the day? I really wanted to be there but I'm not 100% sure I can make it till late this week, and I don't have a model ready either to bring as I never fixed my NXT in time or finished off putting it together after fixing the broken bits. 

But, SHADY! the MAN! 

Gonna try make it the Saturday if I can. 

mikef

You can certainly pay on the day - no booking necessary (but it helps if you can).  Just turn up and get involved,

We we are totally flexible - either day - both days - stay over.

Mark Evans

Brilliant, thanks Mike. I really wanted to be there with a plane but as usual I have been slow at building/lazy/off throwing myself downhills on my mountain bike.

I have some timing and trimming questions anyway so I'd still get something out of the day. Hopefully see you all on Saturday.

thechalster
13 minutes ago, Mark Evans said:

Brilliant, thanks Mike. I really wanted to be there with a plane but as usual I have been slow at building/lazy/off throwing myself downhills on my mountain bike.

I have some timing and trimming questions anyway so I'd still get something out of the day. Hopefully see you all on Saturday.

Bring it with you we will soon have it together over a few beers in the evening.

• Like 1