Come and try DLG Easter Weekend Sat Sun 20-21 APR

mikef

It needs repair too, the centre tab got cracked off and the corners of the ailerons too since they were taped to the tab. I've tried to drip a bit of super thin CA into the one but I got myself into a right mess and it looks worse now than it did before. Me and CA just don't get along.

I'm now just waiting for some finishing epoxy to come which I only ordered this morning, I'll put some clear tape down first before I inject some more thin CA then I'm gonna put a small patch on each aileron to tidy it up. I might be ready for the first round, or man might actually land on the Moon....

george foster

Hi guys.  I'm planning to attend for a few hours on Saturday.  Hoping to pick some brains and get some advice.  I'm bringing the Longshot 4.

George

John Minchell

Sorry that I won't be able to attend this now as my car water pump has packed up and they can't fit it in till next Tuesday.

Hope you all have a good event and learn lots.

thechalster
3 hours ago, John Minchell said:

Sorry that I won't be able to attend this now as my car water pump has packed up and they can't fit it in till next Tuesday.

Hope you all have a good event and learn lots.

Hey john where would you be travelling from?  May be we could still get you there.

John Minchell

Kind offer, but I'm on the north Wales border.  Its a 3+1/2 hour drive, as I do it regularly  to Buckminster for Scale Tech committee meetings.

Got plenty of modelling to do here and will get on with that.

Thanks again John M

I’ve been back and forth on plans for this over the last few weeks but it looks like I’ll be able to make it. Sister in law is staying with the kids so my wife and I can come up on our own. She’s going to spend some quiet time writing while I’m busy with our toy planes...

We’re going to stay over Friday and Saturday night. 

I’m planning on attending as many competitions as I can this year so all the info I can get to help come last less often will be appreciated. 

Neil Harrison

Weather  is looking great for this weekend, fingers crossed for a good turnout.

If you own a DLG or thinking about buying one, this event is not to be missed.

EAE51B38-849F-49EE-8CB7-C4BFB28BADEC.thumb.png.b98ad21a8f6eb9eb92134ba32baa071b.pngn

Do it Marin! With (fingers crossed) such good weather forecast, we should have a ball!  Come play :)

7 hours ago, Marin Mitev said:

I am tempted to attend,.. :)

I booked in with Manny ages ago, I'll be there both days. Weather's looking great, especially for some evening free flight. Got a new scale model to trim...

• Like 1

On 15/04/2019 at 10:36, mikef said:

Jonathan,

We're working on a programme - I'll get something up here later in the week - but it has to be flexible and it's weather dependant as you say.  Weather, particularly wind strength, is going to determine how much we can achieve outside..  We can fly in winds up to 20 mph or more but it's more difficult trying to teach anything to new flyers In a howling gale.  You don't want to be doing your first launches in poor conditions.  However, the use of ballast can be demonstrated!

There'll be a mix of indoor/outdoor sessions with Vincent Merlijn, the current World DLG Champion, and some sit-down presentations and panel discussions.

I also aim to have a constant presence indoors where you can check in on arrival or drop-in anytime for a cuppa and chat or ask any detailed questions - I have a set of brief presentations that might help and there will be models around we can look at - or we can put the question to a panel discussion later in the day.  This is a good opportunity to discuss hardware problems and radio programming - we may have an expert on site who uses the same TX.    We can demonstrate a top-drive set-up, discuss setting up control runs, crimping connectors, etc, etc, etc.

Staying overnight will be an advantage as the focus is bound to shift indoors when the lift fades and the sun goes down.  Bring refreshments.

No real hard programme is possible I'm afraid because we need to stay flexible.  The above post stands and I want to have a lunch break with a presentation session and an afternoon tea break with another sit-down session.  Check in at the hangar for the latest news and timings.  If you're not getting the info you want - tell us in good time and we'll do our best to get you what you need.

10 hours ago, Monz said:

I booked in with Manny ages ago, I'll be there both days. Weather's looking great, especially for some evening free flight. Got a new scale model to trim...

I look forward to seeing that. 

2 hours ago, MikeDLG said:

I look forward to seeing that. 

I look forward to explaining to my wife why it makes sense to relax at the end of a long day playing with toy planes by playing with a different kind of toy plane 🙂

It looks like it might be calm enough to fly one of my slower indoor models in the evening too.

Hopefully see you guys in the morning.

@MikeDLG will you be bringing a NXT? I just put the servos in mine but I can't see how ballast would not get tangled in the pull lines and wanted to have a look inside yours at your layout, as you once told me 'ballast is my friend' and since I have the UHM version I guess I'd best make some up for our weather or I might be flying too light a plane.