8mm of power - the CLS0512W by Kingmax

thermaldoctor

thermaldoctor

With the new Kingmax servos coming into stock very shortly it is now appropriate to start introducing each one of these excellent servos to you in a bit more detail. Kingmax servos are popular in Germany and are used by pilots in the National German F5j team so quality and performance are assured. 

The CLS0512W

For:     F5j all round wing servo          F3x all round wing servo        Pylon racer wings         Slim slope racer wings

A full power full speed 8mm  thick 21g wing servo. Reaching an average of 6kg torque and 0.12s speed, this amazing Kingmax servo  is multi-voltage 4.8v through to 8.4v and features a coreless motor for optimum torque and response.

The CNC alloy case and hard anodized metal gear train with double bearings means this super slim wing servo is tough. For those pilots needing the thinnest servo possible but do not want to compromise on strength and power the CLS0512W is it.

There is full support from Servorahmen for this servo despite it being unique and pilots can choose a standard frame, ballraced support frame or an IDS frame just as for any other servo.

The complete servo set comes in a clear hard plastic case and with a selection of good quality well proportioned plastic servo horns and a CNC anodized alloy servo horn. 

A little more expensive at £31 but it is still far more reasonably priced than anything remotely similar from the other brands

15267570_1775661879362111_6459074350622636028_n.jpg.7847f10435939b7fcaafff6b4956d495.jpg

ABUIABACGAAgwZm73gUo8N_GCjDYBDjYBA.jpg.f5aa36212db9a31af07c3b997a138b86.jpg

ABUIABACGAAglJm73gUomNz3uAQw2AQ42AQ.jpg.6576ef3b9bf17a47d9a684941a034ffb.jpg

No Experience of this servo  , but as a general rule for all servos - fit the biggest servo that you can, No point fitting an 8mm if you can shoehorn in a 10.

Gear breakages are more common as servo size reduces.

I have recently fitted the kingmax xt10 mini equivalent servos in my Infinity .Fl!aps

They appear to be as good as the Kst  

Certainly no slop  at the moment .

But I always use servo frame with. bearing support on any wing servo .

I  have just ordered a full set off Kingmax servos for my New Virtigo F5J model.

It will need a season off flying to know full cabability off these servos .

But am confident I have made correct choice

G

• Like 1

thermaldoctor
20 hours ago, Lloyd_d said:

Hi Thermal doctor, when will these be in stock ?

Also do you have any stock of the X08 plus servos ?

Hi Lloyd_d  sorry for slow response - very bust at present.

All Kingmax servos are now in stock and are live on the website. There were quite a lot pre-orders to fulfill leaving only 2 of the CLS0512W's in stock but these are again on order with Kingmax and should be here in a couple of weeks. There are plentiful stocks of all other Kingmax servos.

In answer to your questions;  1) Sorry no X08Plus in stock. Flightech will no longer be selling KST servos.

2) In terms of gear slop, Kingmax servos have very well designed gearboxes with strong hardened gears. They run very freely and have a very small tolerance like a good quality Futaba (not 3150) or JR etc. Having fitted them to my Infinity (IDS system in place) and my Optimus Sport (normal linkage set up) both have little to no slop at the trailing edges but of course these are brand new installs.

In terms of gear slop in the longer term, I can only testify to hours and hours and hours of test samples running under a small load without any noticeable increase in slop. Reports from the German F5j pilots using them is that they have not experienced any increase in slop over approximately 1 year of hard use.

Hope this helps

Regards

Neil

Hi Neil, ok thanks for the feedback.

I will definitely try the new 8mm high torque Kingmax on my larger fast thin section slope wings. Currently using the Hitec 7115's and they are tight but buzz constantly and don't produce the torque the Kingmax do. I think on my larger 3m wings the Hitec won't cut the torque requirements.

Lloyd

thermaldoctor
29 minutes ago, Lloyd_d said:

Hi Neil, ok thanks for the feedback.

I will definitely try the new 8mm high torque Kingmax on my larger fast thin section slope wings. Currently using the Hitec 7115's and they are tight but buzz constantly and don't produce the torque the Kingmax do. I think on my larger 3m wings the Hitec won't cut the torque requirements.

Lloyd

Okay thanks Lloyd much appreciated.

You will find with the Kingmax servos, like Futaba, JR, Sanwa etc the very slight tolerance in the gear train makes them run freely and also they do not constantly buzz  around their neutral all the time.

Regards

Neil