Sign in to follow this  
oipigface

Futaba receivers

oipigface

Got a big box coming tomorrow from the Czech Republic. Since I recently replaced most of my FrSky receivers because of the incompatibility with recent T18 transmitter, I’ve decided to go with a Futaba one this time. This may also enable me to dip my toe into the wonderful world of telemetry. The Futaba R7006 (no telemetry) is about the same size as a 6-channel FrSky job, but the R7008 (with telemetry)  is a mm or two larger all round. Does anyone know if there’s room for a 7008 in a Pitbull 2?

Skip

Happy 'New Plane Day' tomorrow John!

I don't have any experience with the new fuselages but I imagine you can remove the outer case on the receiver to help it fit if you find it won't. Worst case, just use a non-telemetry one ☺️

• Like 1

satinet

Yeah with nicads and hitec 125s

Amirite!

• Like 1

oipigface

I’ve been fitting the receiver R7006 in the new PB2 this afternoon. Made a Y-lead, plugged it all in and tried to bind it by holding the button down and switching on. No joy, so I read the instructions, switched it to 6-channel mode, switched it to FASST Low-speed mode, and succeeded finally in binding it. 

Question is this: Is there any advantage to using FASST High-speed mode? In particular, will it enable me to fly faster?

• Haha 1