Sign in to follow this  
oipigface

Wombling Corner

oipigface

‘Underground, overground, wombling free,

The Wombles of Wimbledon Common are we.

Making good use of the things that we find.

The things that the everyday folk leave behind.’

I think it’s time we had a special thread for things that usually get chucked away, but which can be used as useful adjuncts to our flying and building activities.

I’m going to start the ball rolling with a story about how I recently paid £7.45 for a pack of ten painter’s pyramids, which I thought would make a project I was working on (unrelated to aeroplanes) faster to finish. As it happens, I needed two packs to get enough pyramids to support the 9 pieces of hardwood I was oiling. Two pyramids are shown in the photo, they are blue. Then today, FREE in the post, I received a dozen of the black plastic items, which would have done the same job. 

They are the  edge  protectors that Baudis use on their packages. OK, so they are only FREE after you’ve bought a Baudis product, but they are still better put to good use, than chucked in the bin.

FF44EE88-559D-4287-99A3-0E0658D18B41.thumb.jpeg.944fb6dccb2fc67be765a2fa86628b2c.jpeg

• Like 1

pete beadle

Hi OPF

Good idea

Prepare to be inundated!

To kick off ----remember where estate agents signs are on your estate....when the sale goes through the signs are usually thrown down, post and all, and never collected........prise out the hobnails attaching them to the post, leave the post, at your convenience remove all the other nails and keep in stock to make waterproof custom carry boxes.....:thumbsup::) 

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

Phil.Taylor

This needs music

• Like 2

Phil.Taylor

And at the weekend I did spend a happy hour repurposing a piece of scrap timber from an old door frame into a ballast stop/clamp for the XPro. The rest of the door frame was repurposed to firewood a couple of years ago.

Phil.

Scram

I've got so much STUFF stored around the place waiting to be "repurposed" I've hardly got room for useful stuff!!

I've got timber left over from when we built the house 20 years ago, bits of metal tube, metals of all sorts, a dustbin full of bits of electrical cable, light bulbs ................... you name it!!

Skip

I use the plastic carry case from a battery drill as my tote for my ballast and glues.

Took the shaped inner layer out and melted off bits that were in the way.

• Like 1

oipigface
4 minutes ago, Skip said:

I use the plastic carry case from a battery drill as my tote for my ballast and glues.

Took the shaped inner layer out and melted off bits that were in the way.

Photo please!

Skip

I'll take some when I get home 😎

Skip

Skip

Not very pretty, functional tho 😊