2m/F3-RES Hi Start Duration Challenge Postal events in 2019

martynk

Hi all

Sorry this is a bit late but I have a had a spell in hospital and currently recuperating

I am happy to run the 2m/F3-RES postal again this year.

Same rules that we have used for the past 2 years,. I'll create a starter post after this.

--

This is a for fun challenge, anyone with a bungee-launched glider up to 2 metres wingspan and the standard Hi-Start can post a time.

Object: Fly your 2 metre glider for as long as possible from a flat field, the person who's time is unbeaten for 14 days 'wins' and a new challenge starts.

Rules: Launches must be made from the standard Challenge Hi-Start bungee. Flight times begin when line releases from the towhook and the model must land in the field for times to count. While the object is to encourage F3-RES types, any model up to 2 metre span may be flown (F3-RES, foam, full house aileron mouldie) but please state the type of model with your time.

The standard Hi-Start bungee is a maximum of 10m of 6/4mm surgical tubing and 50m of static line (minimum 30lb breaking strain). Lighter/smaller bungees may be used.

Fly safely! No slope soaring

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Martyn.

From what date in 2019 does this start and what will be the closing date.

Also. Can one join in at any stage during the year.

With thanks.

Adrian.

BARCS 3711

Hi Adrian

It's a 14 day challenge. When a score is submitted the clock starts. If that score is beaten then the 14 day clock restarts and carries on until no one beats the last high score. When that round is finished, the next round starts as soon as a score is submitted. 

In parallel with this, I run a league table taking submitted scores and normalising them. The league table runs through the year and is restarted in the first round of the year. 

You are welcome to join at any time, the more the merrier. Please submit a score, even if it won't beat the current high score it will generate points in the league. 

• 9 months later...
Pete in Northiam

I hope at least two of us from the East Sussex Soaring Association will be up for a 2M or F3-RES challenge in 2020 if it will continue to be run. Our kits for the RBC RES-Eagle have arrived so we should be flying against each other in the club at the least in the spring.

😎 Cheers --Pete 

• Like 1