Tony

WANTED big floaty ELG

Tony

Hi All

Basically I want a big easy to fly very relaxing ELG  deck chair flying I suppose, probably the plane you don't fly much anymore, normally I'd say full house but I'd be tempted by a RES/REF. Pulsar, AVA or anything else considered.  In good nick though please.

I can probably do a round trip of 3 hours from the Midlands anymore and I'll suffer a bit, silly health problems.

Thanks in advance

pete beadle

Hi Tony

PM sent

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

Maria Freeman

I have a Reichhard Mandarin going spare ....

SilentPilot
6 hours ago, Tony said:

Hi All

Basically I want a big easy to fly very relaxing ELG  deck chair flying I suppose, probably the plane you don't fly much anymore, normally I'd say full house but I'd be tempted by a RES/REF.

If you want something easy to fly from a deck chair then I'd say the preference should be towards RES/REF. I can fly my Radian XL at heights I dare not fly anything Full House. The self righting tendency of R/E control really lends itself to a relaxing experience, there's not so much to worry about with regards to orientation :)

If Pete's PM is regarding a certain Yellow RES glider then bite his hand off! I nearly bought that, I'd still like it now but I ended up messing him around last time (sorry Pete!) so I'm not even going to enquire about it again until I have plenty of the folding stuff in my hand...

Tony

Maria Freeman

I also have a Radian XL going spare !

Tony

Thanks all keep them coming the more choice the better. 

Edit. Pete's and Maria's are the best ideas so far but I'd like something a bit more "Exotic" if that makes sense sorry to mess everyone about. Price isn't an issue within reason as long as the model's right

Cheer's Tony

martinlaw

Hi Tony

how about a 3.6m Pulsar in virtually new condition?

Martin

JohnnyB
23 hours ago, martinlaw said:

Hi Tony

how about a 3.6m Pulsar in virtually new condition?

Martin

Hi there, please can you message me with the price and location if the first chap doesn't go for it.

Many thanks,

John

pete beadle

Hi Tony (from Coalville)

Have you found anything more "exotic" to do your armchair flying with yet?

Like Tony ( from Yorkshire) I don't suggest flying anything of mine that's "exotic" at eye-straining height or eye-watering speed.........no fun in that!:no::(

Like yesterday, when I carried my Mibo Vision F5J  all the way up the very gusty windy Beacon,  and all the way down again, rather than risk it!

Odd that your ad got two Mandarin's and two Radian XL's out into the daylight though!:yes:

So, any news for us yet?

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

SilentPilot

My Radian XL is now surplus to requirements.

The XL gets a bit of a bad deal over on RCGroups, I stay away from that thread now because some trolls just keep banging on about it being a "pig" because it's too heavy. Many of these people haven't flown the XL and don't intend to but they keep saying other gliders are better. One guy insists his Multiplex Heron can thermal better. There's no chance of that!

The XL is heavy, no denying that, but it carries the weight extremely well. Just like a fully blasted full size two seat glider can carry ~800kgs and fly almost as if it were a paper bag.

The only thing is not to go too fast. Speed isn't an XL thing... reports of flutter and structural damage have always been associated with excess speed.

Here if you want to make an offer :)

Tony (from Yorkshire!) 

pete beadle

Hi Tony from Yorkshire

For me, the biggest drawback in owning and flying a Radian Xl wasn't the weight.....it was the fact that you had to assemble the wing to the fus with SEVEN fiddly screws of two different sizes....... definitely something to consider when/if you're going to assemble/disassemble the thing on a cold and windy hillside with rain clouds forming upwind:(

Still, you ARE right that the Radian XL is a very smooth and capable soarer with predictable handling and a motor available for when the sink comes through:yes:

Yer pays yer money and yer makes yer choice, innit?:)

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

Maria Freeman
7 hours ago, pete beadle said:

definitely something to consider when/if you're going to assemble/disassemble the thing on a cold and windy hillside with rain clouds forming upwind:(

Can't think why you would be up the top of a hill on a cold and windy day with a Radian XL ??

Tony

Sorry Gents, my priorities have been getting the car through the MOT, typical it failed and I'd forgotten (Nearly) about the bl**dy thing plus my health is all over the place at the minute, more scans and more appointments with consultants. So no I've not found owt yet. Appreciate the offers/suggestions though

SilentPilot

I should have said... My XL now has custom Carbon/Foam sandwich joiners that, as well as being lighter, offer a friction fit assembly for the outer tips. I still tape them but it’s only for aerodynamic reasons not structural!

You still need the 3 central wing bolts but you can put tape over the holes to keep the screws in the channel when you take the driver out. It’s a really neat solution :) 

Yorkie Tony! 

• Like 1

pete beadle

Hi Tony from Coalville

Best of luck with your health problems, of course they must come first, my apologies for not appreciating that you have had other, more important, things to be thinking about at present:thumbsup:

In your own good time OK?

Now Yorkie Tony.......when I had my Radian XL I was considering modifying it to use elastic bands for wing retention.....seriously, I kid you not!

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

• Like 1

SilentPilot

Noting wrong with elastic bands. My Middlephase uses them!

• Like 1