Interglide F5J 2019

Peter

Just like to add the huge effort in getting Interglide running as slick as it appeared to me, today, on my attendance to perform a less onerous task, than that done by a great many people.

Peter Allen, ably assisted by Chaz Dunster, who CD'd the event, which ran so well even with a lot of problems, computer based, on the first day. Then all the other helpers, erecting marquees, plus a myriad of other  jobs, that all go to running a successful event. And the weather 2 years running unheard of in the UK, I would suggest 

• Like 2

A big thank you to Peter Allen for letting me join the InterGlide event at very late notice. And with help from Chas Dunster and Mike Fantham - and many others no doubt - for running a brilliant  competition. From a competitor's view the weekend went extremely well, I had a great time - thanks again.

Tony 2m - aka Spare 2

• Like 2

And how do you follow that?

Monday morning and a happy band of helpers take the marque down

Without volunteers where would we be?

IMG_0081.thumb.JPG.d4f124aefd9349b39ea02ee95ccb458b.JPG

Steve Haley

To all involved, thank you for organising a great weekends thermal soaring event with the setting, weather and international spirit self evident to all.

The competition its self was certainly a game of two half’s with Saturday’s conditions generally favouring the more aggressive pilots  being very active even allowing me to get away from a 19m launch due to an unexpected motor cut!!

Sunday conditions however, was very different being over cast with very little pronounced thermic activity requiring much higher launches and favouring more conservative flying tactics which did catch one or two of the previous days leading pilots out. 

The fly off conditions proved very challenging for everyone, with no real everdent  feeds to plan against and gauging ballast and launch heights even more critical. It turned out to be classic F5J compromises between working very low level lumpy air that disapated as soon as it reached the back headge row and then returning back up wind in the following sink was a real challenge for all pilots willing to take the risks.

Thanks as always, to my team mates for there help and guidance and thanks again, to everyone involved in running a great event.

Cheers, Steve

p.s.  it was a gem of an idea to organise the Spitfire to fly past and perform aerobatics all weekend !

• Like 3

Big thank you to Pete Allen ,Chas, and Mike plus all the helpers beavering  away in the background.

Possibly the most enjoyable IG to date .

Obviously helped by the UK weather and a challenging flying site.

Good accurate report from Steve . 

I spoke to Julian during Sunday's lunch break  and he admitted he could not cope with the UK conditions on Sunday. 

Congratulations to Steve for a well deserved win .

Thanks again Peter 

G

• Like 2