Pre-season F5J warm-up - Little Bentley - one Sunday soon

tonym

As last year we will have a 'blow the spiders out' F5J friendly competition during March at Little Bentley.

Nearer the time we will choose a Sunday with good weather for flying. So:

• Get your sh models, radio, batteries, height limiter, etc. checked and ready
  • pencil in all Sundays in March in your diary - and Sunday 24th Feb just in case - as possible flying days
  • indicate your interest below
  • and watch this thread.

Tony

Right then. This Sunday looks like a really good day for flying, we'd be idiots to pass it up. So:

Sunday 24th February from 10am at Little Bentley Polo Club. We'll run a few rounds, no prizes but £3 each for field hire. Who's in?

1. Tony M
  2. Cliff S
  3. Pete M
  4. Simon C
  5. Peter L
  6. David G
  7. Ray G
  8. Randy

Hi Tony,

I’m down in Plymouth this weekend so can’t take advantage of all your efforts to get an early comp.

Have a great day and I’ll see you next comp. 

Regards

Garry

Now I'm confused, Tony.  Do you mean you're cancelling this Sunday's event (not that I've entered it - yet) and, instead, you are hoping to run a comp in March, or are you running one this Sunday and hoping to do so again in March? 

• Committee Member
2 hours ago, Kikapu said:

Now I'm confused, Tony

Don't be confused Peter,😀

Tony's plan is to run the comp this coming Sunday and then another one some time in March.

Like always, the next date depends on the weather🙂

Thanks Pete.  I'm so easily confused these days.  Now I'm embarrassed to be corrected by an old sage like you. 
I'm in, and I don't care if there are to few of us to run a competition.

Peter  

• Haha 1

John Minchell

Yes I would have liked to attend too, but its a 4 + hour drive each way as I live on the north Wales border.

Are there any plans for comps (or training/warm up sessions) in the midlands or North West?

Regards John M

• Committee Member
7 hours ago, John Minchell said:

Are there any plans for comps (or training/warm up sessions) in the midlands or North West?

Not aware of any one in these areas organising practice sessions etc, but there are a few comps in the coming months.

I guess the nearest active flying sites to you would be around the Upton upon Severn  area, or if you fancy a  longer drive then Retford  near Nottingham could be within reach.

As far as I know, F5J is only flown at Retford.

Sadly this forum gets no input from these areas so it is hard to know what is happening.

Hope that's  some help