mikef

CIAM agenda - includes F3K proposals.

mikef

FOR F3K CHANGES, see pages 58 to 67

2019 CIAM Plenary Agenda.pdf

Would competitors please have a look and post comments here.  We will need to brief our delegates to the meeting.

• Like 1

cirrusRC
  • 5.7.7 - Flight time to 0.1 seconds is a good idea but I'll need to buy new timers and F3Kscore doesn't handle decimals currently.
  • I welcome the new tasks - poker just got even harder.
  • The proposed changes will make greater points separation between the top pilots (which is a good thing) but will also make the gulf larger between top pilots and less experienced/skilled pilots (which is a bad thing).

MikeDLG

I hate 15min tasks, especially at the WC. Most boring time I ever experienced at a WC, that round (5 x AULD) would just never end! The down time was way too long, so I would not want more long tasks. To be fair, AULD does add even more down time than a 'normal' task due to downtime in between flights in a round. And I am not a fan of the repeated 10min or 15min flights in F3J, so wouldn't be keen to see that creeping into F3K.

Don't agree with reflight  if you get midaired during someone's launch. It creates a way to salvage a bad round by putting your glider in a position where it might sam'ed so that you get to have a another go. Sounds extreme, but if it was the round before the fly offs and one is in jeopardy of not making the fly offs, I think many would risk a model in order to have another go. I think it as much the responsibility of the pilot in the air as the person launching to avoid a midair. Yes, that can get tricky if you are scraping in light lift that carries you over the box, but you cannot create a rule for every scenario.

mikef

Any more comments?

I need to brief our delegate.  Please let me have your comments by the end of Sunday 24th March.

Richard Swindells

.. Basicly everything that MikeS said.. But otherwise no real strong opinions 

thechalster

Agreed with most  of the  proposals and comments above. With no real strong feelings

I don’t have a problem with 15 slot times if the are only for fly offs.  

These rules tend to be written by the best pilots,  consideration should be given to the beginner some easy tasks could still remain, everyone likes to get a 1000 from time to time.  These should not have to be used in high level comps.

Undecided about only having a drop at 12 rounds.   may be at top level comps,  but a new comer and or beginner  has a mid air and damage a model this is bad enough, but to walk from the field with a broken model and no way of achieving a good overall score,  might see people packing up and going home, 

mikef

It's worth mentioning here that the F3K rules in the FAI book are primarily intended to produce a good contest at European and World Championships.  The use of the rules at other events can be adapted to suit the local situation.

cirrusRC

Rulechanges from January 2020

n) Midair collision during start gives reflight to those involved.
o) flight time will be measured in tenths of seconds.
p) preperation time on ground for 60 seconds before working time.
q) signaling at the end og the testing time.
r) testing time of 45 seconds.
s) drop after 12 rounds.
u) ladder replaced by new task "two flights only, 5 min max (2x5)" (equal to proposal z)).
v) poker changes to 3 calls only. Working time can be 10 OR 15 minutes.
x) new task: "one flight only".
y) Fly off task "Huge ladder - 3, 5, 7 minutes"

rcgroups discussion