The English Open F3f 2019.

Gromit

13 hours ago, wookman said:

The weather for Sunday seems to have improved.

Yes, thankfully the forecast now looks very promising for both Sat & Sund,  🙏.

Stu. 

• Like 1

Looking forward to it.

I won't be doing any launching before anyone asks as I am recovering from a trapped neck nerve sustained at the last Wales meet!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Andy_B said:

what times kick off on Saturday Stu 

Meet time of 9.00am, along the byeway at the top of Whitesheet 

I will be arriving early (at around 8.00am) to get a few things done & out the way.

Stu. 

• Like 1

1929950573_voucherimagewithsouthcoastsailplanes.thumb.png.3953490952757d2d758aab52ce7d1441.png

Hi All,

A few notices ;- 

Meet time ;- 9.00am, along the byeway on top of Whitesheet .  I will be arriving early (at around 8.00am) to start some prep work prior. 

So as to enable racing to get underway as soon as possible, should anyone wish to arrive early to help begin carrying everything out to the slope & erecting the course, this would be very helpful & much appreciated, thank you. 

The Charity Raffle;-  This is in aid of the UK's blood cancer charity Bloodwise https://bloodwise.org.uk/ , & Histio UK  http://www.histiouk.org/ ,  the charity for the life threatening immune system disorder Histiocytosis.

Raffle tickets will be on sale on the slope from around 12 midday Saturday, at the George Inn social on Saturday evening, & on the slope throughout the day on Sunday.

The prize draw will take place on the slope just prior to the Competition awards ceremony. 

Anyone coming along to Whitesheet to watch the event is most welcome to purchase raffle tickets & support this charity appeal.

Sincerest thanks & gratitude to All the following for their generous & kind donations. 

The Rosscourt Guest House, Bournemouth;- Owners of this excellent Guest House, Peter Payne of South Coast Sailplanes & partner Debbie Utteridge, have very generously donated a 2 night stay for 2 Adults at their excellent Guest House in Bournemouth. (value £198.00)

The Whitesheet RFC.    An AHi slope aerobatic glider (value 135.00)

Steve Webb Models.  £25.00 gift voucher redeemable online or in store

Bucks Composites.  £25.00 gift voucher, redeemable online 

BARCS ;  Five annual  memberships to BARCS 

Gorrilla Glue. Thanks entirely to Andy Burgoyne, Gorrilla Glue have donated a wide range of their excellent products,, this being to the value of around £70.00. Top work Andy, thank you so very much for organising this.

Stu, Whitesheet Comp Sec

• Like 2

Whitesheet slope closure  reminder;

So as to enable the successful & safe staging of the competition, the Whitesheet slopes will be closed to all flying other than for that of the competition, whilst this is in progress. 

Competition timetable  (approx.) 
Saturday 17th Aug 9.00am – 6.30pm.
Sunday 18th Aug   9.00am- 5.30pm.

On behalf of the Whitesheet RFC, I wish to thank everyone for their understanding & co-operation regarding this.

Stu, Whitesheet Comp Sec. 

Hi All, 

A few parish notices ;- 

No pre comp flying please ;- In the interest of fairness for all,  NO flying of any model types prior to the start of each days racing,  thank you. 

Beware of the Bull !  . There are cattle grazing on the slope, amongst which is a very large Aberdeen Angus Bull. Despite his imposing size he is a harmless chap,

The Byeway condition;-, The byeway leading up to the top of Whitesheet is in good condition having been repaired by the council several months ago.

Stu. 

Would anybody like to join the vulture squad with me and Jason over the weekend. Phil can't make it. Sort it out tomorrow morning.

Wishing everyone a very safe journey to Whitesheet this morning.

I look forward to welcoming you all to the event.

Stu. 

2051297185_voucherimagewithsouthcoastsailplanescropped.png.fc3a8328080b8e4707a60ea4830f70d4.png

A very enjoyable full day 1 of racing at the English Open 2019 , Whitesheet.

We were blessed with a fully dry day, Wind SW-WSW  4- 8 ms average throughout the day, broken sunshine, warm.

Rounds 1&2 were flown with the wind blowing  square onto the course.

Shortly after the start of rd 3, the wind started swinging  (as had been forecast) to a more WSW direction. With 10 pilots having flown in the round, & the swing becoming more pronounced, the competition  committee of myself, Graeme, & JP, decided that a course move was now required. With everyone doing their bit, this move of 100 meters was made with the very least amount of time possible being lost, a great team effort. A further 5 rounds were completed on this new course, making 7 rds in total for the day.

Day 1 positions ;- please note;- in the event of any discrepancy to the below placings & scores with the published final spreadsheet, please note these  positions & scores have been entered manually at 3.56 am, Yawn !

1 Andy Burgoyne 5765.32

2 Graeme Mahoney 5465.87

3 mark redsell 5266.80

4 ian falconer 5225.44

5 john Philips 5224.71

6 jason bioletti 5085.35

7 david woods 5070.65

8 paul stubley 5036.23

9 tony livingstone 4989.20

10 brett larrett 4976 .31

11 mike evans 4971.31

12 mark treble 4903.66

13 nigel witchalls 4855.25

14 dave rumble 4741.25

15 stuart Wallace 4707.93

16 Mike shellim 4698.74

17 mark passingham 4655.37

18 graham hill 4537.54

19 les woods 4528.44

20 bruce Hudson 4485.26

21 mike bleathman 4217.11

22 john treble 3748.01

23 william fourie 3300.47

Team positions;-

1 bonkers ;-  15772.54

2 gifcof ;-  15680.51

3 the good the bad the ugly ;- 14590.73

4 not bonkers;-  14246.00

5 Whitesheet wizards;-  14048.44

6 vulture squad;-  13840.00

7 all stars;- 13350.41

Fastest time of the day, a 'Cracking' 36.99 ian falconer, flying his Jedi in round 2. 

The Saturday evening social at The George Innn Mere;- 13 of us shared in what is always a very enjoyable evening. We all enjoyed great food, great company sharing many stories from present & past. 

Day 2 weather forecast ;= This is looking very similar to day 1, another full days racing is anticipated.

-----------------------------

English Open Sponsor South Coast Sailplanes;

151706644_SCSPlogo.jpg.255a1a90ffb6f636fe23386f85aa44b6.jpg

I am delighted that owner Peter Payne, will as in previous years be joining us on the slope for much of day 2. Peter will be justly presenting the English Open Trophies , these Peter sponsors.

English Open result;-   I will post this asap following my return home from the event. This may be however be quite late into the evening as it entails a 75 mile journey along the dreaded A303 & the bottle neck at Stonehenge. This journey can take up to 3 hrs on a Sunday evening.

Stu, Whitesheet Competition Secretary.

• Like 2

Cracking days racing in some interesting slightly crossed conditions. Looking forward to more of the same today. Special thanks to Midweek Mike for his slick running of the field kitchen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just got home after a wonderful weekend at WhiteSheet

big Thanks to Stuart and the team for running English open and also thanks to Pete at South coast sailplanes for his sponsor ship

It was great to meet up with everyone again and enjoy some interesting conditions for f3f

roll on next year

jp

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Also just walked in the door from an awesome weekend down in Whitesheet. 

Thanks Stu and everyone else for running the comp, you guys did a fantastic job and the comp ran smoothly. 

Thanks to the Whitesheet club for donating the Ahi to the raffle, I for one am very glad you did... 😁

Congrats to Andy, Graeme and John for their podium finishes. You guys really deserved it and showed how important is is to fly well both days.

Hope everyone else enjoyed it as much as I did and all managed to get home safely. See you there for next years comp.

Brett

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

786281387_voucherimagewithsouthcoastsailplanescropped.png.9da7375563bb3356b5cc5448555e12c3.png

493401304_EnglishOpen2019result.PNG.dc2b90ff203e2093c52a5ac196716786.PNG

515462961_EnglishOpen2019FastestTime.PNG.eef079c086f3696ad49e02c03a366766.PNG

681344095_EnglishOpen2019TeamResult.PNG.1528180e453c7f6b02838c8b8a7b7055.PNG

The Podium ;- 

1st, Congratulations to Andy Burgoyne, Winner of the 2019 English Open  Trophy . 'Cracking'

2nd, Congratulations to Graeme Mahoney on finishing in 2nd place, winning the 2nd place Trophy.

3rd,  Congratulations to  John Philips on finishing in third place, winning  the third place Trophy. 

Team winners,  Congratulations to Team 'Gifcof' on winning the 2019 English Open Team event, & trophies. Pilots;- Graeme Mahoney, Tony Livingstone, Ian Falconer. 

Fastest time, Congratulations to Ian Falconer on winning  the 'Fastest time of the 2019 English Open Trophy.

I will post my Report & the Spreadsheet  asap tomorrow.

Stu, Whitesheet Comp Sec. 

• Like 3

An excellent weekend of racing in some variable conditions.

Thanks to Stu and your team for organising the event.

Thanks To Peter at Southcoast Sailplanes for sponsoring the event.

• Thanks 1

Great weekend's racing guys in some very challenging conditions at times.

Big congratulations two the top three especially my fellow Midlander Andy for taking top spot.

Big thanks to Stu and Whitesheet for making this comp happen along with the sponsorship of South Coast Sailplane.

Thanks to midweek Mike supplying us all with hot drinks,bacon baps and lovely home made cake.

Roll on next year.

• Thanks 1

Another great weekend of racing ,Saturday I could do no wrong but Sunday was alot more challenging. How many comps do you got to that have tea,coffe and bacon sarnies served all day   and then cake aswell .

Thank you Stu another wonderful English open and even the rain held off till after we had packed away.

And thanks to Peter Payne for another years sponsorship.

Andy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just echoing the the other comments. A really good couple of days on the slope in a relaxed and well organised event. Big thanks to Stuart and the team, and to the sponsors of the event. The hill and weather threw us some very varied conditions with huge time swings within the rounds, but I think everyone got at least one chunk of good air to help balance things out a bit. Congrats to Andy and the top 3, definitely some way ahead in managing the conditions on both days.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Andy_B said:

Another great weekend of racing ,Saturday I could do no wrong but Sunday was alot more challenging. How many comps do you got to that have tea,coffe and bacon sarnies served all day   and then cake aswell .

Thank you Stu another wonderful English open and even the rain held off till after we had packed away.

And thanks to Peter Payne for another years sponsorship.

Andy

Congratulations, Andy! And another big change since the last time I attended an F3F meeting - a slope kitchen! Will it be an Olympic sport next? With Lottery funding? 

Great job, Stu, by the sounds of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1