PeteMitchell

GLIDERSCORE Display Screen

PeteMitchell

I guess most will know that it has become almost universal now for the GLIDERSCORE programme and app to be used to run gliding competitions. F5J, eSoaring, BARCS – ELG and F3K have all used the system, also BARCS Multi Launch and probably many others I don’t know of.  This comprehensive system enables a minimum number of people to actually run a comp, in fact it is possible for one person (with a bit of help to set up the equipment on the field) to CD a comp, enter the scores, fly in the comp and produce the final results.

A sound system for timing and round announcements is required, and if a timer display screen can also be used to show the flight time and countdown, things are so much better.

So it is good to be able to announce that BARCS now has a new GLIDERSCORE display setup to use at comps, initially at Radioglide and Interglide.

The pics show a start -up test of our new setup and that it has 2 screens, not just the usual one used for the flight line.

The larger screen is the flight line display and is equipped with super bright LED’s for maximum visibility at distance. The smaller screen is a slave which is plugged into the main screen  and is intended to be directed towards the pits area. This screen will display the same info as on the flight line screen, and will make it easier for pilots preparing for their next flight to know which round and group is currently flying.

We need to give the system a good testing before the big events of the year, and to do this it would be helpful if a club or group would like to try the system for a day.

Depending on the date and any travel time involved, I will be very happy to bring everything along and run it for the day for anyone who is interested.

Please reply here or pm me.

IMG_4533a.jpg

IMG_4534a.jpg

IMG_4535a.jpg

• Like 1

Nicholls

Congratulations Pete that’s a lot of investment in time and money. The first Kent Interclub Multilaunch is at Sittingborne April 7th. No GliderScore operator has been nominated yet but I’m sure he would welcome the opportunity to use it.   

PeteMitchell

That could be arranged Ian, I could even enter the comp  😀

• Like 2

Jef Ott

This is excellent.

My Dad would definitely approve.

He was hard of hearing and often needed assistance on windy days hearing the countdowns to start and finish of the slots. 

Thank you.

• Like 2