julianb

Sold [SOLD] - Jaro Muller Ellipse 2T

julianb

One of the very last Ellipse 2T made. Purchased from Greg Dakin in Sept '18

Brand new, untouched, with custom made bags, all fittings and ballast set.

Own yourself a piece of rc gliding history!

£900

image1(3).jpeg

John Wighton

I regularly fly an Ellipse 2V which l have owned for many years.  Excellent on the slope and it will also winch or bungie  on a windy day.  Tough airframe, very well designed.  Tempted by this sale but it is a lot of money!  I paid £500 at an ISA auction at LGC in the 90’s. 

pete beadle

Hi John

I bought mine for £625.00 new from Jaro many years ago, and found that, because it was (relatively) so expensive I used to either only fly it when I had the sky to myself, or, if I did fly with company, I flew as far away from them as I could. In the end I sold it because flying it had become no fun at all. Lovely plane, superb build quality, smooth, precise flyer, very much ahead of its time but, unfortunately, just not for me........:(

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

Phil.Taylor
1 hour ago, John Wighton said:

I regularly fly an Ellipse 2V which l have owned for many years.  Excellent on the slope and it will also winch or bungie  on a windy day.  Tough airframe, very well designed.  Tempted by this sale but it is a lot of money!  I paid £500 at an ISA auction at LGC in the 90’s. 

John - if you like the 2V you will adore the 2T - much nicer to fly - doesn't wiggle about like the V. The Bank of England tells me that £500 in 1995 is now £944 in 2018

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/monetary-policy/inflation/inflation-calculator

Here's my E2T in 2013:

John Wighton

Is that Dettling?

Mine is pink on the underside too (the Ellipse....).  I recently installed a 2.4GHz Rx and am making the (painful) transition from Futaba ZAP to Futaba 18MZ - as there does not appear to be any translators that can do it for me.

And l thought that vintage cars were the only things that appreciated.   According to the bank thingy l should be earing about £350k pa (far from it, unfortunately).

pete beadle

Hi all

Just a thought....

This could be the first mouldie at ISA Nostalgia Day in 2019......it certainly qualifies....what a coup for the new owner! Now, wouldn't that be something to drool over? It'd certainly be featured in all the monthlies, even the Beacon, if someone did....... :).......I can hear the (digital) shutters clicking now! Kudos!

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

Phil.Taylor

No - not Dettling- it's my favourite local Devon slope.

Phil.

John Wighton

I can't fly two at once.

What is ISA Nostalgia Day, Pete?

John Wighton

Is that the day which guarantees cold, wet and bumpy conditions at the Beacon?

• Haha 1

julianb

Selling for what I paid for it chaps...

• Like 1

pete beadle

Hi JohnW

ISA Nostalgia Day is on Saturday 14th September this year on Ivinghoe Beacon

I've organised it for over ten years now, and the  basic theme is that I'm asking ISA members and invited guests, to attend, in order to fly models that have a nostalgic attachment for the owner/flyer. The idea is to get like-minded souls to fly their "goto" models that give them the most pleasure to fly, and hopefully have done for years

This usually results in a collection of rare, usually old, iconic models that are talking points for the other flyers who attend, and who get to see classic gliders that they've only seen in magazines or books, but "in the flesh" and up close. The discussions around the features these planes have, and how they perform, is wide-ranging and very, very interesting for all concerned

Bad weather? We've only had to use the fallback date once in over ten years and usually I am hailed as a master of finding good flying days not rubbish ones:yes:

The pic I usually use to prove this is below, last year's gathering, although most of the previous years would be as good

Regards

Pete BARCS 1702

Organiser ISA Nostalgia Day  

Group photo for Nostalgia Day 2018.JPG

• Like 1

thermaldoctor

Are all those gliders for sale Pete?

This is the for sale section 😉

julianb

Yeah, hijacking my sale with subliminal advertising... 🙂

pete beadle

My apologies gentlemen

I was replying to JohnW's post and apologise for not realising the consequences - sorry, sorry, sorry:(

If Austin would like to remove my post I'd have no problem with that

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

julianb

Lol, Jesus chill out boys. I was pulling your leg. God knows, I might even stick some gear in the ellipse and come taunt you all with it at your nostalgia gig 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

pete beadle

Hi JulianB

If you did you'd be very welcome, let's face it, you'd be very welcome anyway:)

Anyway, thank you for taking it so well, believe me I do consider myself justifiably told off, and will try not to make the same mistake twice:yes:

Thanks and regards

Pete

BARCS1702

julianb

To be honest, she really ought to go to a new home. I’ve far to many other projects that demand my attention first. She is a lovely thing though...