Sign in to follow this  
GeoffN

frsky rx6r replacement extended antenna

GeoffN

Hi,

I was just about to purchase one of the new frsky rx6 r receivers when I noticed that they use a new smaller antenna connector IPEX Version 4 . This connector  is about 2mm dia compared to the old 3mm ones. As my model has a lot of carbon in it I like to use a 600mm extension antenna and bring it out of the fuz about 70mm behind the wing root.  This method  has completely cured the low signal warnings I used to get. The problem is after an extensive web search I cannot find a source of 600mm IPEX V4.  So does anybody where I can get 600mm Ipex v4 antennas? There are loads of 100mm and 150mm antenna available. 

SilentPilot

I had a similar issue when installing a receiver in my Pike WR.

In the end I swapped receiver to a 3mm coax join. Not what you needed to hear though eh! Can you move the Rx back closer to the wing to allow the shorter antennas?

GeoffN

3mm coax join?

The longest V4 antenna I have been able to find is 150mm about 6 inches,  so that would put the receiver at the rear of the wing.  Just will not fit there. Very narrow fuz.

Another reason I like the rear location is ithat t cures the problem of the servos buzzing if the antenna is near them.

I could just stick with the older range of receivers but I suspect that they will not be around much longer and I like the idea of 40% more range

Sloper

hi geoff we have got 250mm length in ipex 4 if thats any good to you

GeoffN
8 hours ago, Sloper said:

hi geoff we have got 250mm length in ipex 4 if thats any good to you

Hi 250mm will help with a bit of rearangment of receivers in models. I have just ordered two. Thanks for pointing them out.

The typical distance between mid cockpit and the rear of wing root is about 500mm on a tyipical f3f style model. I hate wedging the antennas in and around the battery, servos and receiver , so could you try asking your suppliers if they could make you some 600mm antennas pretty please?