Slope Soaring Sussex

Phase 6 with landing flaps build blog

Slope Soaring Sussex

I'm not a brilliant builder but having had a few Phase 6 models over the years, I thought it was time to build myself one but to make it with landing flaps rather than just the standard aileron only set up. 

There is a Phase 6 build blog up on our club website : http://slopesoaringsussex.blogspot.com/p/chris-foss-phase-6-build.html

As I have said I'm not a confident builder but I wanted to share the build as I went along in a mixture of pictures and videos.

I made a load of 'School boy' errors that more experienced builders would not have fallen for but I have learnt how to overcome some issues during the build.

It's nearly finished now with just the installation of the fuselage servo's and some more coloured trim to be added to finish the Phase 6.

I have already flown a Phase 6 with fitted landing flaps and for me this made landing so much easier and gives a nice stable approach when full flaps are deployed.

1694bfc7-8f90-4b1f-979e-8ffcd5023ed5.JPG

935d61b1-edca-412d-94c6-681074965e18.JPG

• Like 1

Kikapu

With a see-through fin.  Very clever.

• Haha 1

SilentPilot

See through or a reflection?

I’d like a 4 Servo wing for my Phase 6 but there’s no chance of me building one :( 

satinet
13 hours ago, SilentPilot said:

See through or a reflection?

I’d like a 4 Servo wing for my Phase 6 but there’s no chance of me building one :( 

Time or lack of confidence?

SilentPilot

Both!

Time spent with my 2 year old son and severely lacking building skills :o